Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Rear brake conversion

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 10:42 PM
Default Rear brake conversion

I did a search and i found a TON of information on this for older model cars.

I have a 2002 Civic EX Coupe and want to convert my rear drums to disc so i can ultimately go to a big brake kit. I check cars.com to see if there were any other civic models, non-si, that had rear disc brakes...i.e. if the ex sedan did it would make all of this a lot easier. Now i used to have a 98 civic and knew that integras rear brake could we salvaged for the civics. is there an Acura model that matches up pretty closely to the Civic EX? or would it be possible to snag SI parts for it?

assuming i am able to find parts these other models tend to be a 5 Lug hub assembly. do i need to convert the entire corner? or does anyone know what parts i would need in addition off this mystery car? i.e. knuckles(if i go to bigger brakes all around from say the RSX) lower control arms?

any information would be extremely helpful. and if there was something in the search that i missed that was obvious i am sorry about that. or if anyone knows of a site that sells a conversion kit.

i had also heard there was a sort of conversion table that showed what years and model parts were typicly compatiable to other years/models if anyone knows where i could find this it would also be appriciated.

Old 11-23-2008, 08:40 AM

ok after doing a few more hours of research i gave up. then while just looking around for nothing at all i found this article.

http://www.hondatuningmagazine.com/t...ion/index.html

the conversion is done on an 02 civic sedan with Si components. now my new question is there going to be a diffreence between my rear end suspension components and a sadan?