Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

reinstalling stock springs, held needed

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 07:03 PM
Default RE: reinstalling stock springs, held needed

Addiction,

When you go to change them out and if you have broken bolts, let me know and I can probably help you out with the ones on my 95 that Im using for parts now that the frames bent. Like I told you in our PM last week, before long, that car is getting sold for junk and crushed cause Im not messing with the bent frame. It had Tokico Gas shocks and Neuspeed springs on the front but one was tweeked so Im trying to find, Just ONE so I can use them on the front of my 95 Dx haha. If you run into any problems and need any parts be sure and let me know man!

Old 11-11-2007, 11:29 AM
Recognized HCF Member

thanks but na.... im buying brand new bolts from dealership... i dont want buy any used bolts.LOL
i dont think i need much help on my 94 cause ive already done work to my 99suspension so im preaty decent at the basics. im jsut waiting on parts now.... i hope i dont have any more problems with my suspension alignment and ill be done with everything major on this car...

Old 11-11-2007, 01:16 PM
Super Cereal Admin

jeez, talk about thread jacking, addiction... jk man

anyways, I got all the springs on with no problems... none of the bolts were seized. I don't really think you'll have any problems, addiction... but prepare to get charged a s**tload for those bolts... I replaced all the bolts on my rear LCA's when I put the coilovers on... they came out to like $50 (but I ordered 4 of them on the internet, so I had to deal with shipping)

Old 11-11-2007, 02:00 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ya i think the bolts are like 8bucks each...... it sucks.... BUT worth it for the perfect size bolt!!!!!!!
just a price ya gotta pay for the perfect threads...... im TRYING not to cheap out on important parts..... trying that is.

i used to get all my bolts and parts next day... but on these 3 bolts for my rear toe adjusters are backordered
he was suposed to call me back with a estimated time but no word yet

i figured you wouldnt mind a hijacking if you were done with the springs
so are you gonna reuse your GCs on your newer civic?

Old 11-11-2007, 02:16 PM
Super Cereal Admin

of course... I think I'll get Koni shocks this time, though.

Old 11-11-2007, 03:33 PM
Recognized HCF Member

so which springs did you get and howd ya like them?
i was considering geting some soft springs BUT now that i think about it if im gonna slam it down i might want a stiffer spring to have less chassic flex so i dont have to worry AS much about rubbing tires..... LOL

Old 11-12-2007, 02:10 PM
Super Cereal Admin

I just got the standard civic springs (so I guess they'd be the softest ones)... I liked 'em a ton, but they still weren't all that comfortable (but then again, what can you expect with the drop I had? I mean, I was an inch away from tucking the rear wheel lol). I did have some rubbing up front when I was going around turns and I hit a bump (at under15-20 mph), though... still, I was tucking about 1/2" to 3/4" of the front tires, so again, what can you expect? If you do end up buying those fenders, you'll see where the tires were rubbing. Which reminds me, I'll try to get those pics to you tonight if I can remember (for some reason my phone won't send emails, so I have to send the pics to someone else to be emailed to me)... if you want to see pics of them on my car let me know... I have tons of those (before and after I painted them)

*edit: here's a question I have... to anybody with GC's and Koni shocks (*cough* mxs *cough* lol)... would I need to order anything from Ground Control to use my coilovers with Koni shocks? Because I ordered the kit for KYB shocks, but it also came with those rubber sleeve things that the instructions said to use for Konis (I hope I kept all four of 'em)... do I just need those sleeves or what?

Old 11-12-2007, 02:49 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well the rims also make a huge difference in ride..... ive been planing on only geting some nice 15s for the 94... so i want to keep more rubber and keep the rotating weight down a bit.... i might do somemore lightweight motor parts like the flywheel but not awhole bunch... not racing it but i do want to keep it a sporty feel

ive seen your fenders in your gallery... still interested in them tho it might be a bit till i can send ya money for them...... have a few things i need to get done to the civic.... not to many things at least
i was gonna fix my stock fenders BUT those things are just to flemsy.... no wonder they are so bent up