Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

small suspension/tire/wheel project

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 06:14 PM
Default RE: small suspension/tire/wheel project

woot! finally..
Name:  1-1.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  53.4 KB

what to do with the sticker...lol. i kno atleast 2 lcabolts ill have to torch out or break so i ordered them. wernt in stock at work but they should be here tomorrow. ill try my best to make a DIY, even tho its simple, but w/e i can do to help.

Old 04-26-2007, 06:17 PM
Cat Fuсker

AJ, torching and cooling will not necessarily work. If possible, cut the bolt from the inside of the bracket. A cut-off wheel or a small blade sawzall might work.

Old 04-26-2007, 06:31 PM

im gena try to torch them first. if it dosnt work, ill just snap the heads of the bolt and snap the other side thats connected to the hub(which is just tack welded on). then replace that part with a new nut. if i break the heads off like that, ill be able to slide the arm out. i asked a couple guys at work about doing it and they said only way is to either torch it or brake the heads off.

Old 04-26-2007, 06:37 PM
Cat Fuсker

yea...the one at the hub I had to brake the nut off...than tacked a new one there...

Old 04-30-2007, 05:22 PM

installed the lca's, for those who havnt seen already
Name:  IMG_0003-3.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  29.9 KB
Name:  IMG_0005-4.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  46.7 KB

i emailed Beaks company since they sell a quick-swap set(22mm sway bar, beaks srk, endlinks, etc..). they said that they are currently on backorder just like the other 5 websites i've emailed have said. BUT, if i order directly from Beaks, i'd get it faster than any other website. their price for the set is about the same or cheaper than most other sites anyways. i'll be placin the order tomorrowand hopefully everything will come in no later the May 18th.

i'll prolly place the order for the Hawk pads tomorrow also. after the sway kit and pads, i wont be getting anything for my car for a lil while. im goin to Ocean City for a few days end of May so that'll be eating up my rotor, lip, and sideskirt funds..

Old 05-07-2007, 01:07 AM

Are you planning on getting different shocks and springs, or you feel no need to upgrade from the tokico springs and hp shocks?

Old 05-07-2007, 12:21 PM

im leaving them on. i like em for everyday driving and at the point in racing i am, i feel theres no need to upgrade. tho next year i will def. upgrade to a much much stiffer setup so i can become a lil more competitive.

Hawk pads should be here this week sometime. hopefully soon so i can get them on and broken in before this saturdays race.

Old 05-07-2007, 03:53 PM

The reason why i am asking is I am torn between getting a really nice suspension setup(koni yellows and ground controls), or getting new rims and some good tires, and a cheaper suspension setup like yours. I can't decide.

Old 05-07-2007, 05:03 PM

find something inbetween for both. koni yellows and like tien s-techs and get some nice wheels/tires. just set ur budget right and consider all different kinds of options and go with what u think works out best. or just wait a lil longer to save up and get everything u want.

Old 05-07-2007, 08:52 PM

I don't really autocross or do any type of racing with my car, well at least not yet, but could something such as koni yellows and gc, or having sticky tires like the azenis really be used to the full potential on regular roads, or am i just wasting money on good stuff i might never use?

Quick Reply: small suspension/tire/wheel project