Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Suspension & Springs?????

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 06:57 PM
Default Suspension & Springs?????

Ok Im am looking to see how i want to setup my suspension for my car im gonna get it done after i put some 17" black rims on....im gonna be kinda broke so im gonna leave everything but the springs stock... Will That work and also what is the lowest i can go without worrying about rubbing or any type of problems??? alot of the springs i see are 2"-2.5" are they ok or to low?? what is the perfect drop for a nice low stance???? thanx

Old 09-05-2006, 07:42 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Suspension & Springs?????

i have 17s on my car with tein s-tecks springs which are designed to work with your stock shocks so you just need to buy the spring for like less then $150, here are some links from people who have installed them on here with pics!!, also use our search feature and search springs...your question is asked quite a bit

https://www.hondacivicforum.com/m_123028/tm.htm

https://www.hondacivicforum.com/m_69.../tm.htm#107781

https://www.hondacivicforum.com/m_150637/tm.htm

https://www.hondacivicforum.com/m_153260/tm.htm

https://www.hondacivicforum.com/m_200426/tm.htm

https://www.hondacivicforum.com/m_251298/tm.htm

Old 09-05-2006, 07:47 PM

tru i read some but my main question is will 2-2.5" springs work without harming anything and not causing any problems is what i was really looking to find out thanx though that info does help

Old 09-05-2006, 08:04 PM
HCF Member

ohhh ok..well the anser is yes, with anything more like 2inch you will NEED to get aftermaket shocks and a camber kit as well

shocks ..because with a spring being shorter then the stock one, the shock with also be compressed, and with it being compressed that much..it wont last long

camber kit..because when your car is lowerd that much your wheels start to sink inwards like this / \ and will ware down your tires really fast, but a camber kit will fix that problem and put them back to normal

Old 09-05-2006, 08:28 PM
HCF Member

Sorry to hijack, but mill$ are you saying that with those teins that you won't need aftermarket shocks? or will they eventually be needed? I wanna lower my car soon.

Old 09-05-2006, 09:21 PM
HCF Member

the s-techs are made to work with your stock shocks so they dont brake down as fast as they would with other lowering springs, eventually your shocks will ware out just like they normally would with stock springs, if you have the money..do them both at the same time

..im going to take a pic of the add in my magazine to do with them working with your shocks and post it up for now on

Old 09-05-2006, 09:24 PM
HCF Member

found it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tein S-TECH Lowering Springs

Tein S. Tech springs are an excellent step towards suspension tuning. They offer approximately a 1.5" frop for a more aggressive appearance and increased road holding capability. These springs are designed to be used with OEM or OEM replacement shocks/struts. Each application is road tested in the U.S.A. for the proper balance between performance and comfort. The line is produced with Vanadium which is durable, lightweight, and has properties to retain more spring stroke than the competition.

Key Features
Average drop is 1.5" for an aggressive stance.
Increased handling, control, stability, and reduced body rol during cornering.
Designed to be used in conjunction with OEM shocks/struts.
Silencer rubber included to reduce or eliminate noise from coil to coil contact.
3 stage powder coat process for a long lasting finish for durability.
1 year limited warranty (From date of purchase. Eligible if there is over 5mm of sag in spring free height, and or any visible breakage, excluding powder coat finish and rusting).

Old 09-05-2006, 11:25 PM
HCF Member

Thanks a lot mill$, thats helps a bunch.

Old 10-11-2006, 11:01 PM

ya i got the same springs on mine and ive been running stock shocks for about a year but damn going over bumbs and stuff around the city is getting annoying. im getting koni shocks very soon. over time i have noticed that my ride is alot bumbier and kinda uncomfortable to be honest so im going to change that out before my old shocks like break or something haha

Old 10-11-2006, 11:37 PM
HCF Member

anybody that drops 2 to 2.5 inches on stock shocks is gonna be walkin' sooner or later, because the shocks are gonna bust.

save your self some money down the road and go ahead and buy some aftermarket shocks/struts as well...

you'll also need a camber kit for the front if you drop it more than 1.5 inches (roughly).

and don't forget to add in the cost of the alignment afterwards.