Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Tein S-tech PICS!...4 door

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 10:01 AM
Laced with Sarcasm
Default RE: Tein S-tech PICS!...4 door

ORIGINAL: mill$civic

teins s-techs are sopposed to work with your stock shocks from what iv read in a magazine and you wont need a camber kit because its not that much of a drop, its like a 1.8 all around so you will be fine, iv had mine on for about 6-7 months on my stock tires and iv had no tire wear at all...and there cheap, about $160 i think, im not sure i didnt buy mine i got them new free for working at a shop
I just talked to a guy who has this set-up. His stance is phenominal. He said the only downfall to running S-Tech's with stock shocks, is that its a little "mushy" in the corners. But as far as a daily driver is concerned, he said hes driven his daily for the past year on the same setup, and never had an issue.

EDIT: Here is his ride...

Old 12-21-2005, 08:44 PM
HCF Member

Awsome!
I'll be getting me some Teins because I have mad wheel gap.
I wanted to get springs a while ago, but I was worried my wheels would go / \ and have the tires worn out on one side.
Thanks for checking!

ORIGINAL: Forty04

teins s-techs are sopposed to work with your stock shocks from what iv read in a magazine and you wont need a camber kit because its not that much of a drop, its like a 1.8 all around so you will be fine, iv had mine on for about 6-7 months on my stock tires and iv had no tire wear at all...and there cheap, about $160 i think, im not sure i didnt buy mine i got them new free for working at a shop
I just talked to a guy who has this set-up. His stance is phenominal. He said the only downfall to running S-Tech's with stock shocks, is that its a little "mushy" in the corners. But as far as a daily driver is concerned, he said hes driven his daily for the past year on the same setup, and never had an issue.

Old 12-21-2005, 08:47 PM
mxs
HCF Member

If I had to guess, I would think that's more than a 1.8" drop. Hmmmmmm. looks good.

Old 12-22-2005, 05:24 AM
HCF Member

SweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeT

Old 12-22-2005, 07:34 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: mxs

If I had to guess, I would think that's more than a 1.8" drop. Hmmmmmm. looks good.
Well, like I said hes had them for some time, maybe they've settled in to that point?? I honestly don't know.

I can only assume that the stock shocks on an Si are different than an Ex, which could also contribute to his stance looking a little more aggressive.

Old 01-02-2006, 07:33 PM

ORIGINAL: x2100

looks good!
did you get it with sturts, or just the springs?
i'm just wondering if a camber kit is required
gr-2 shocks all around and a front Blox camber kit. All this stuff i got from www.prostreetonline.com

Old 01-23-2006, 08:56 PM
Default what about a 2inch drop?

i know somebody said i wont need a camber kit if i droped my car 1.8 inches around...but what if i do a 2 inch drop with the stec springs, will i need a camber kit then?

Old 01-23-2006, 09:33 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: what about a 2inch drop?

Thats looks good man.

Old 06-30-2006, 06:04 PM
HCF Member

Anything more than 1.5 inches is where you should start considering cambers... 2 inches is risky... These guys know their business but i would stick with 1.5 and keep stock cambers so i wouldnt blow more cash. With some 17s... oooh baby

Old 06-30-2006, 09:19 PM
HCF Member

wow this is a post brought back from the dead