Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Tire size question / rubbing

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 04:38 PM
Default Tire size question / rubbing

Just wondering after I put on s-techs and Illuminas will the drop that comes with that make it so my stock wheels will rub? I have all this stuff just not installed and I didnt know if I needed to wait till I get new wheels and tires? As of now I have whatever comes on a 2000 DX hatch stock with the hubcaps.

Also on aftermarket wheel size will my car take the 4x100x108 wheels or the 4x100x114.3 wheels? As for width is 17x7 alright? For the tires the site said something like 205 40r17 is this the right size I should get for my car with that size of wheel? Will those fit if not what size should i get to go around 17's?

Thanks!

Old 10-25-2006, 04:48 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Tire size question / rubbing

205/40/17 (17X7) will fit fine with your suspension set up. 4X100X108 and 4X100X114.3 will both fit. As long as 4X100 is one of the lug patterns on any aftermarket wheel, it will fit. Post some pics when you get them on.

Old 10-25-2006, 04:59 PM

What is the difference between the 108 and 114.3 then and which one would be the better choice? Does this choice matter when it comes to choice matter when picking out the tires for the wheels?

OH and thanks much for answering most of my second question but as for right now im still about a month away from having my new wheels so question one is the most important to me. Wheel my stock wheels work with my new suspension?

Also a question that has nothing to do with my original post. Does anyone know if the Omni Power Front and Rear Camber Kit on passwordjdm.com come with everything you need to install a camber kit? What all do you need to install a camber kit other then the main parts? Ball joints or something or are there stock ones not sure what I have in my room and what its all for yet.

Old 10-25-2006, 06:14 PM
HCF Member

108 and 114.3 are offsets. stock hondas are 4x100 (meaning 4 bolt pattern at 100 offset). offset is the distance between the hub mounting surface to the centerline of the wheel.

EDIT: heres a better explination and an illustration of offset.

Wheel Backspace
This is the distance from the back edge of the wheel to the hub mounting surface. To determine the wheel backspace:
Position the wheel face down.
Lay a straight-edge across the back of the wheel.
Measure the distance from the straight-edge to the wheel's hub mounting surface.

Wheel offset
The wheel's offset is the distance from its hub mounting surface to the centerline of the wheel. To determine wheel offset:
Position the wheel on a flat surface and measure its overall width.
Divide the overall width by two, then subtract this result from the backspace value.

Offset = Backspace - (Rim Width ÷ 2)
The offset of a wheel can be one of the following three settings:

Zero offset:
The hub mounting surface is even with the centerline of the wheel.

Positive offset:
The hub mounting surface is toward the front or wheel side of the wheel. Positive offset wheels are generally found on front-wheel drive cars.

Negative offset:
The hub mounting surface is toward the back or brake side of the wheel's centerline. "Deep dish" wheels are typically negative offset.

from http://www.yokohamatire.com/utcustom.asp

Old 10-25-2006, 07:36 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Nail I3unny
stock hondas are 4x100 (meaning 4 bolt pattern at 100 offset).
Are you sure? I was under impression 100 is a diameter for bolts placement.

Old 10-26-2006, 01:33 AM

whoa whoa whoa lol plz try to not confuse me more.....lol the wheel im looking at say this 4x100x108 or 4x100x114.3 I am pretty sure it doesnt have two offsets? and which one is better still? Any difference in the tires I would buy or anything? Because if there is nothing big about it I might as well go with the 108's since they are 50 bucks cheaper.....but 50 bucks isnt that much so if the 114.3 have some type of advantage im willing to spend it.

Old 10-26-2006, 06:51 AM
mxs
HCF Member

please give us a link to what you'rea talking about so I make sure I'm interpreting this correctly.

4x100 / 4x114.3 is a universal bolt pattern, meaning it has 2 sets of 4 holes. YOU only need the 4x100 pattern so just ignore the rest of it. 114.3 is not the offset

Old 10-26-2006, 06:53 AM
mxs
HCF Member

Sorry dude, but you're way off. Offset has nothing to do with the bolt pattern. Reread your own link.

ORIGINAL: Nail I3unny

108 and 114.3 are offsets. stock hondas are 4x100 (meaning 4 bolt pattern at 100 offset).
offset is the distance between the hub mounting surface to the centerline of the wheel.

EDIT: heres a better explination and an illustration of offset.

Wheel Backspace
This is the distance from the back edge of the wheel to the hub mounting surface. To determine the wheel backspace:
Position the wheel face down.
Lay a straight-edge across the back of the wheel.
Measure the distance from the straight-edge to the wheel's hub mounting surface.

Wheel offset
The wheel's offset is the distance from its hub mounting surface to the centerline of the wheel. To determine wheel offset:
Position the wheel on a flat surface and measure its overall width.
Divide the overall width by two, then subtract this result from the backspace value.

Offset = Backspace - (Rim Width ÷ 2)
The offset of a wheel can be one of the following three settings:

Zero offset:
The hub mounting surface is even with the centerline of the wheel.

Positive offset:
The hub mounting surface is toward the front or wheel side of the wheel. Positive offset wheels are generally found on front-wheel drive cars.

Negative offset:
The hub mounting surface is toward the back or brake side of the wheel's centerline. "Deep dish" wheels are typically negative offset.

from http://www.yokohamatire.com/utcustom.asp

Old 10-26-2006, 07:11 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: mxs
please give us a link to what you'rea talking about so I make sure I'm interpreting this correctly.

4x100 / 4x114.3 is a universal bolt pattern, meaning it has 2 sets of 4 holes. YOU only need the 4x100 pattern so just ignore the rest of it. 114.3 is not the offset
Makes way more sense

Old 10-26-2006, 02:43 PM

Alright thanks MXS that actually make sense now lol. So I think im just going with the 4x100/108 ones since they are cheaper then the 114.3 and it doesnt matter.

Here is a link to the page with the wheels im looking at on it.

http://www.streetstyler.com/RevWheels.htm

Im going to get the Model 10 Rev Wheels in Black with the polished lip. You guys feel free to look at them and tell me how you think they will look. I just have a silver 2000 dx hatch pics in my gallery. So yah I am hoping they look nice.

And you think the 205/40/17 tires would be a good choice for these rims?

Lol and on top of all of this no one answered my original question that if after I drop my car with the S-tech springs and the tokico illuminas will my STOCK wheels and tires rub? I will have the drop before I get these new wheels and need to know if they will work. The drop is liek 2 inches and just need to know if the stock steel wheels with hubcaps will work with the drop or is it going to rub!