Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

weighted and balanced.

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 11:36 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: weighted and balanced.

I know the tire pressure was off last summer, but theres even wear on the tires. And yes the rim is bigger,but the over all diameter if the rims+wheels is the same. But ill check that. Ill play around with them next week when I got some time and see what happens.
Thanks.

Old 03-28-2007, 11:52 AM
mxs
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: mill$civic

I know the tire pressure was off last summer, but theres even wear on the tires.

have you measured all the way across every tire with a depth gauge? the different pressures will make the tires wear differently, but it may not be visible to the naked eye.

Old 03-28-2007, 02:10 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: mxs

ORIGINAL: mill$civic

I know the tire pressure was off last summer, but theres even wear on the tires.

have you measured all the way across every tire with a depth gauge? the different pressures will make the tires wear differently, but it may not be visible to the naked eye.
No, It waesnt that they had different pressure, it was inflated to much. I went bythe psi on the side of the tire, but I didnt no its actually sopposed to be less then that. So I found out what its actually sopposed to be now. But I havent gone that in detail about checking the wear, im just eyeing it. But I dont see how very little uneven wear on a tire, would force a car to go to the right. What about all the people with madd camber wear.

Old 03-28-2007, 03:16 PM
HCF Member

[/quote]

If the rims you put on your car are taller than the stock ones, it will screw up your alignment......so even though its fine with the stock ones, bigger wheels in diameter will screw up alignment. Measure the stock rims to those, and if the new rims are taller you need an alignment.
[/quote]

so if i put 17's on my civic with 205/40/17 will i need an alignment..how mcuh does that cost