Transmission & Differential All trans and diff topics can be found within.

90 civic tranny question

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 10:00 PM
Default 90 civic tranny question

Hi!

I've got a 90 Civic DX and the 5 speed needs replaced. I see these used, low mile trannys from Japan on a few websites and am wondering if they would be a direct "bolt in" replacement?

Has anyone had any experience with these trannys?

Any help is much appreciated!! Thank you very much.

HonDroid

Old 06-07-2005, 01:53 PM
Default RE: 90 civic tranny question

hey sup man iight get down to business. i know you can get some good deals on trannys online but your best bet is at a local junkyard or salvage yard. y? never thought you asked lol. well you see they have warranties on there trannys and if theres anything wrong your able to bring it back right there and then unlike online you have to pay for shipping and might have the chance of the tranny being crack or whatever during the shipment. second the yards are very cheap when it comes to trannys. they sell trannys for 50-150 it depends what you get and what warranty. anyways continuing with our question. if you get the same tranny as your car then it would be no problem but if you get the 88-89 tranny's then your gonna have to buy the 88-89 clutch because the teeth are different. other then that your ok if you get the same year as your car. another thing your should think of doing is getting an crx si tranny the gears are shorter( just saying ). well i hope you got the info you needed if you have anymore questions just hit me up good luck.

Old 06-25-2005, 11:46 AM
Default RE: 90 civic tranny question

Hi, probably too late with this answer, but I got an engine from ericjapan on ebay that was from Japan and have had no trouble with it at all. The engine was packaged nicely,clean, shipped on a pallet, and guaranteed for 6 months. I have a manual 5 speed off another civic that fit just fine, and clutch too. You could call and ask them if it would fit. They were very helpful to me and answered any questions I had.
Good luck