Transmission & Differential All trans and diff topics can be found within.
View Poll Results: A poll
over 75% life left
0%
from 50-75% life left
100.00%
from 25-50% life left
0%
under 25% life left
0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

CLUTCH LIFE.. how much is left? larger pictures

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 06:08 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: CLUTCH LIFE.. how much is left? larger pictures

ok guys.... well after the price for just a alignment tool.... i just bought a clutch kit... HOPEFULLY it comes quickly... bought it off ebay... i mean alignment tool 40bucks..... clutch kit about 80bucks.... i guess it was a smarter buy.... woulda liked to change the fly whel at the same time for a lite weight one BUT i dont have that much free cash right now.... ill just put it on a future mod list....

tho the presure plate and flywheel seem to look good... they are dirty and slightly rusted cause the car has been parked for no idea of how long... i know it was long enough that the battery was dead....
so unfortunatly thier goes my grocery money for the week
but at least its not to bad cause i did sell the valve cover and oil pan off the blown motor.. so that helped me coupe some cash from that motor...
tho only thing left thats good is the head and intake BUT i dont wanna sell the head until im POSITIVE that all my sensors and such are good working order... so have to wait some time before i can recoupe somemore cash thier from the old motor.... every dollar helps thats for sure!

thanks guys...

and well if you want to swap out your clutch... id leave the motor bolted in and just use a floor jack and a piece of wood to hold the back of the motor up! then just use another jack on the tranny unbolt the mounts and the transmition/motor bolts and starter and wires... and try to seperate them.... BUT thats not how i did it BUT i think its doable.....
and i would give it at least 2days free time just to be safe!!!!!!
removing those axles is what REALY KICKED MY @SS!!!!!