Transmission & Differential All trans and diff topics can be found within.

help with clutch

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 09:53 PM
Default help with clutch

anyone in here has done a clutch swap on a 80 h/b civic si???? how hard is it can anyone help me to go to a web sight with help . Cause as seen in here by the rattle can sound as i let go of the clutch sounds like a throw out bearing. [&:]If that is the case might as well swap out the clutch plates. Any help would be nice.

Old 04-27-2006, 10:32 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: help with clutch

is that a typo??? really an '80? damn hondas just keep on going... boom..... boom.......booom (energizer bunny).... booom....
should be a breeze for you. you know where ther throw out bearing is, so your off to a good start, just remove evewrything till you getto it, throw it out, r&r the clutch components,, and then do it all backwards... sorry if that sounds like im being an s/a i guess i am, im just in a good mood, damned if i know why... good luck with it...

Old 04-27-2006, 10:37 PM
HCF Member

accept this as an apology... buku shop manual... just click and download... luck.
http://honda.icelord.net/downloads/Auto/Manuals/Civic/

Old 05-02-2006, 10:59 PM

thanks fer the tips but would you have a site you'd know on a like a dummies book on how to lol looking at the service manuals are great and chiltons help but I'm a lil confused as to what i need to unbolt first. looks like just have the case should need to come off . i'm getting from no the entire thing must come off as well as the entritre passenger side to naa you just need to unbolt the tranny case drop it and it should all be there. if that is the case do I need to drain the fluids?????
I know may seem dumb, but what manuals say and what people have tried and it work usually holds more weight . too me. so what I'm kinda asking is a what exactly does one need to remove and not have to remove.

Old 05-03-2006, 11:00 AM
Cat Fuсker

I think it's pretty much the same accross all civics...remove the front wheels, axles, unbolt everything from the tranny, anbolt the tranny.