Transmission & Differential All trans and diff topics can be found within.

Clutch Tension Issues, Clutch? Master Cylinder? Slave?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 08:45 AM
Default Clutch Tension Issues, Clutch? Master Cylinder? Slave?

Thanks for taking a look,
The other day i was driving my hatch back home from a friends, my clutch was losing tension and i would have to pump it to even be able to shift, is just started to happen last night. It even stalled at one point randomly when i was at a stop sign attempting to shift into First. So basically

I have no pressure on my clutch so i cannot engage it to shift, i can start my car but cannot shift into a gear or drive it. I check fluid levels and theyre love, but not completely gone. I was wondering if this sounds like a worn clutch issue or something else, please help my cars stuck in some parking lot till my insurance stops being difficult and tows it T_T

[[Stage one clutch, short throw.]]
and its lowered and was nightt time and raining when it happened, so i have yet to jack it up and look underneath, Thanks again!

Old 06-13-2010, 08:57 AM
Recognized HCF Member

Check for fluid leaks above the clutch pedal or on the firewall side of the master cylinder. If a leak is found replace the master cylinder and bleed the system.

Likewise replace the slave cylinder at the front of the clutch housing if it leaks.

Old 06-13-2010, 09:18 AM

i did check earlier and i dont believe i was losing fluid, but ill double check again today. I was thinking ill just start with a simple bleed to see if thatll help any, it gradually just stopped being able to engage, so im hoping its not too difficult a fix.

Old 06-13-2010, 09:37 AM
Recognized HCF Member

If there's air in the system, it likely entered due to a leak. If there's no leak, then the master or slave cylinder is bad. A less likely possibility is a broken clutch fork.

Old 06-13-2010, 09:42 AM

true, thanks alot now i can at least take a look at things and start gettig my civic back into shape haha