Transmission & Differential All trans and diff topics can be found within.

help witch replacing clutch on 89 civic si

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 01:45 AM
Default help witch replacing clutch on 89 civic si

anyone know of any web sights or the basics what to remove to get to the clutch pressure plate and flywheel.
I know the cv joint has to come out, but do both have to or just the passenger side one. But are there any lil tricks people here may know to make it easier and less painfull.
As well chilton recomends taking the entire housing and working on a bench, which requires both cv axels to come out, and supposidly i have to remove an engine mount and have to keep the engine jacked up. To other people saying, no need to remove the ball joint, just the control arms and swing to the side to get to the cv joint.
I'm new at working on a clutched car but not a beginer wrencher. I have prolly most metric tools as such.
My question is ? is just dropping the tranny is just required , and remove the clutch whilst still attached on the engine.?????? Any help would be great. as I'm possibly gonna attempt this this weekend depending on the weather. seen a web sight showed pics on how to???? has anyone seen this and remember the web sight ?????
Any help would be appriciated.