Transmission & Differential All trans and diff topics can be found within.

need clutch advice.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 04:18 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default need clutch advice.....

well the 94civic i got ill be pulling the motor to replace it and i figure i might wanna look into new clutches and such since ill already have the whole thing open....

the previous owner said he had rebuilt the tranny before BUT no clue how long ago... and seeing how he threw a rod thru the block chances are he pushed the clutch hard! ill have to inspect it fully after i pull it apart. im hoping it doesnt need replaced BUT if it does id like to pick some out.... ive been searching alittle and suprisingly i dont see any stickies.....

i figure its probably a BEST IDEA to replace the throw out bearing and maybe the fork. and is thier ANYTHING ELSE you would recomend swaping out while im at it?
i would just HATE to put in a new motor and all the work and find out a got a bad bearing or cracked/bent fork and have to pull it ALL apart again!
i wont be racing the car more of a daily fun driver than my automatic in my 99civic.

PLEASE any advice is HIGHLY APRICIATED!!!!!! ive preaty much read the whole Haynes book tonight and learned quite a bit about removing everything... and HOPEFULLY ill do just fine with swaping the motor and geting this sucker back on the road.... main problem is money to buy all the parts BUT id rather have the car parked longer than on the road with problems!

Old 09-11-2007, 02:25 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: need clutch advice.....

bump

common the man needs help

Old 09-11-2007, 02:53 PM
HCF Member

id like to know what would be good to replace with a clutch as well, im installing my action 2ms in like 1 week...

someone give us advice lol

Old 09-11-2007, 04:32 PM
HCF Member

resurfacing the flywheel is always a good idea, and be certain to change the bearing in the (i always forget the name of this little bearing) center of the flywheel, it should be included in a clutch kit, even if the bearing feels good, REMOVE THE FLYWHEEL AND CHANGE THE BEARING, the chatter you can get from a worn bearing is most annoying

Old 09-11-2007, 04:35 PM

I just purchased a SPEC Stage 2 clutch for my 95 ex with a JDM d15b block, i asked if anyone new whether it was a good clutch kit or not, and no one replied!! I dont think this forum gets much traffic!! Hopefully someone can help ya out!!

Old 09-11-2007, 05:20 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well im sure alot of people here just dont feel like answering questions over and over... ive searched but havent found much info on clutches...
tho youd THINK thier would be some type of sticky but at least i cannt find one
at least i WISH thier was a sticky

BUT anyways with having the flywheel resurfaced.... will that be fine to do with keeping the same clutchpack? or only done when changing the clutch?
i will DEFINATLY be pulling this motor/tranny out this weekend DEFINTLY! car is inthe back of the shop and i even bought some wheel jacks so i wont have to turn the wheels and worry about messing up the axle bearings...
and i have my dad loaning me the 250bucks for this other motor but i have to check out the motor first to see if its in good shape or not...

i just want this civic back on the road ASAP... im hoping the clutch is in good shape and i can just swap out the fork and throwout bearing cause thats cheap insurance parts...... but if the clutch pads are worn ill replace it all.. i guess ill just see what a OEM clutch and other parts costs at dealership tomorow...
im not looking into any big performance clutches just a good daily driver N/A motor..
cause i dont plan on boosting it any time soon...... cause i got alot of work to get it done on my 94civic before i look into geting it faster.....
tho just about EVERYONE i tell them i bought another civic just think i bought it to fix it up and sell it.... even my parents thought that.LOL im like NA NA NA.....i want to drive a manual...... i wanna be able to feel the car more and have alittle fun at the same time.. plus a winter driver that if i slide off the road or get slid into by another car. PLUS it doesnt have AC but as long as HEAT works its great