Transmission & Differential All trans and diff topics can be found within.

Shifter part

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 01:06 AM
Default Shifter part

I recently purchased a B&M short shifter to replace the Arospeed unit that was on my 1998 EX when I bought it. The install was going along nicely until I actually pulled the Arospeed out and noticed that it used some sort of proprietary bushing thingy on the bottom, which even if it was removable would not have fit the bottom of the B&M shifter. Apparently, I need the factory part in order to install the B&M unit properly.....their instructions refer to it as a "rear joint collar", if I remember correctly. I went to almost every auto parts store in Hinesville, GA; none of them knew what I was talking about. Does anyone know if that's the right name for the part, and also where I can get it?? I drove my buddy's 2k EX with the B&M installed, and shifting is so much sweeter compared to mine...thanks in advance for any info I can get.

Old 05-14-2006, 01:18 AM
Default RE: Shifter part

my B&M came with inserts to attach to the shift linkage.. had a few sets and designated which set was for what year.. are these what your talking about? didnt know there was anything else.. just take out shift linkage and remove the bracket pull out old shifter.. insert new B&M in bracket .. re attach to car

Old 05-14-2006, 01:27 AM

Let's see...umm...there's a hole in the bottom of the shifter. The silicone rings included with the kit go on the outside of the hole, then the unit gets re-attached to the bar. I need the part that actually goes in the hole...we pulled my buddy's shifter off his 2000 EX, and it's a little brass-looking cylinder with 4 silicone rings on it. I desperately need one

Old 05-14-2006, 02:05 AM

yeah thats what im saying.. i had to plastic insterts that i pushed in from each side of that whole to form a solid fit around the bar that goes through the shift linkage.. so your friend kept those inserts when you removed it from his car? if thats the case cant help ya unless B&M sells these directly from their site