Transmission & Differential All trans and diff topics can be found within.

Should I be worried?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 11:13 PM
Default Should I be worried?

I bought this 95 EX A/T coupe that seems to be in good shape. After breaking off the O2 sensor in the stock manifold, I figured I'd just add a stainless exhaust since they're dirt cheap now. I installed a header, hi-flow cat, and N1 catback on it. I've also gotten a SRI to install (see some other post).

The car seems astoundingly fast to me. If I step on the gas, it takes off briskly, to say the least. I haven't yet done a transmission fluid change, but its on the top of the list. I try to baby the car, but due to its nature, it seems like you have to rev it up pretty good to get anywhere.

First of all, should I be concerned that the A/T will die a horrible death after these mods? I don't want to be replacing the transmission ever, if possible.

Second, how does the AMSOIL synthetic ATF work in Hondas? Does it shift right? Slip? If it performs reasonably well, then I would definately consider using it.

Finally, just how carefull am I going to have to be? I tend to just plod along usually, but once in a while you have to step on it. I've seen some automatics last for very long times under hard usage. I just want a feel for how robust this transmission is in the 95 with the VTEC. Thanks.