Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

2 audio questions about an 06 Civic LX..

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 01:42 PM
Default 2 audio questions about an 06 Civic LX..

Number one, I want to get my iPod conencted into the car to eliminate my need for CD's. Has anyone installed and used the Music Link adapter, if so, how did it work out? On the other hand, if anyone decided to just install the Auxillary jack instead, is the sound comparable to CD or radio? I tried one of the FM transmitters and it sounded horrible, so that method isn't an option.

Secondly, I'm looking to install an amp and some subs. Does the factory radio have RCA jacks? If not, what would be the best way to go about installing the amp?

Thanks for your help.

Old 04-25-2006, 02:17 PM
Default RE: 2 audio questions about an 06 Civic LX..

No, the factory stereo does not have pre-outs. You can get in-line converter to hook up a sub, or even better, replace everything. New speakers, new deck,4ch amp and sub amp. Make sure if you go that route, get a deck with 3preouts.

Old 04-25-2006, 02:17 PM

right the best way of doing this is to use the proper dock connector interfaces but this means you need either a sony kenwood pioneer or alpine unit as these are the only one's made at the moment, they go into your disc changer output and allow you to control the ipod from you headunit and charge's it aswell, the auxillary port is ok but you will have to use your ipod to skip tracks and your ipod battery will go dead

Old 04-25-2006, 02:20 PM
HCF Member

Not sure on the amp but I'd be surprised if it had RCA's. I know another member uses the front AUX jack and picked up a cable for under $10. He said he read a review on the music link adapter and there was some issues with it I guess. Do a search and you may be able to find it. I have just been burning my MP3's on a disk but it seems to skip a lot.

Old 04-25-2006, 02:25 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: ashdelsol7

right the best way of doing this is to use the proper dock connector interfaces but this means you need either a sony kenwood pioneer or alpine unit as these are the only one's made at the moment, they go into your disc changer output and allow you to control the ipod from you headunit and charge's it aswell, the auxillary port is ok but you will have to use your ipod to skip tracks and your ipod battery will go dead
Honda sells a cable which connects the ipod and charges the ipod right to the factory head unit. They run the cable into the glove box and you just plug it in there. It allows you to control the ipod from the head unit or steering wheel controls.

Old 04-25-2006, 04:50 PM

in regards to the speaker/amp issue. the deck does not have rca inputs. if you wanna leave the deck stock like i did, you can purchase line output converters. they convert the speaker wire from your deck to rca. ive got peripheral LOCs. they are nice. if you replace the speakers, you will need to fab speaker mounts out of 1/2 inch or 3/4 inch mdf (or whatever you want). one thing i noticed is that everything in the civic is "tight". all of the panels fit together very nicely, so take your time if you are doing the install to insure everything goes back properly. i will post pics of my setup soon. i had to cut holes in my kick panels and rear desk for my tweeters. they look great. take it easy.

Old 04-26-2006, 08:37 AM

Re: >On the other hand, if anyone decided to just install the Auxillary jack instead, is the sound comparable to CD or radio? I tried one of the FM transmitters and it sounded horrible, so that method isn't an option.

I've got the Aux. Input Jack installed in my LX sedan: It works great as it's a direct-connection into your car's stereo system. And, as a bonus, the speed-sensitive volume control (SVC) works with the aux. input, so the volume of my satellite radio (for example) varies with vehicle speed.

As you're using a direct-connection, the sound via the aux. input jack is as good as the source you're using: "Crap in, crap out." Or, put good quality in, then you get good quality out. Etc.

Regards,

Old 08-09-2006, 03:12 PM

hi, i was wondering if any of you guys could help me out. i don't know much about cars but my brother said he was willing to install the aux cable into my honda civc LX 2006 if i found instructions online on how to do it. this isn't an easy thing. i've been looking everywhere and haven't found anything on it. if anyone here can help, i'd really appreciate it.

my car is an automatic...i think that makes it harder to install the aux cable (i know that it goes somewhere near the stick/shift area).

if anyone can send me instructions i really would appreciate it.

thanks again,

Danni

Old 08-13-2006, 01:26 AM

http://www.handa-accessories.com/civic/06-civic-aux.pdf

directions for this stuff is everywhere including hondas website but there it is