Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

2012 USB Android Support

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 08:45 AM
Thumbs down Android on Honda doesn't work yet

Originally Posted by bitrunner
Has anyone figured this out yet? I've got a 2012 Civic LX (I'm guessing Bluetooth was on the EX I haven't tried). I'm using my old old old iPhone 3GS in my car via USB right now, but it's nice because I can listen to my iTunes, my music I compose on Soundcloud, Pandora, etc. I'm looking at upgrading through AT&T to a new Samsung Galaxy Note phone though because I enjoy doing digital art and it's the only phone out there with a Wacom active digitizer, which is something I've always wanted. This issue is kind of a deal breaker for me though I don't want to have to resort to plugging into Aux if I can help it or buying an aftermarket bluetooth connection (plus I like being able to charge my phone via USB b/c I'm on the go a lot).
No-one has figured it out, as far as I know.

I'm a software engineer, and I've tried a number of things. My conclusion is that either:
  • Honda would have to upgrade the iMid with drivers to support Android phones , or else
  • someone would write an iMid app to make Android folders visible to iMid in a format it can handle.
I don't have the time to do the latter. I'm hoping some smart person does and will make it available via the Google Play Store. Right now, I can't find anything like that.

By the way, USB charging works. Not only does the phone charge through the regular Honda USB port, you can also get a little adapter that plugs into the car's cigarette lighter (and has a USB cable plugged into it) and it charges the phone more quickly than just USB by itself. I bought that at Walmart.

Last edited by Laripu; 05-29-2012 at 08:49 AM. Reason: Added some information on USB charging.
Old 02-22-2017, 06:42 AM
Default Bluetooth not the answer

Originally Posted by SupaLow
Do you have the LX or EX trim? I've bypassed using the USB port with my phone (also an HTC Evo) by using the Bluetooth feature.
I have my phone connected with Bluetooth as well for hands-free calls etc but that doesn't give me Track info or Album Art on the iMid.

Also streaming audio in this manner is dependent on the volume set on the phone.