Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

anybody have any luck with remote starter/alarm/trunk system?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 06:47 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: anybody have any luck with remote starter/alarm/trunk system?

I understand your concern, I lived in a really cold climate for quite some time, but you are on your own here. It's just too dangerous.

Old 11-17-2006, 09:45 PM

I've had remote start on a vehicle... it's really nice... of course it was an auto. I would not recommend it on a manual... too many things could go wrong. Civics use a manual trunk release, so you'd have to get an automatic solonoid to release it...

Old 11-18-2006, 10:43 AM

code alarm
clifford
viper/python

just to name a few, im sure there are other good companies

Old 11-18-2006, 04:32 PM
Recognized HCF Member

dito with the safety concern!!!!!!! you DEFINATLY MUST wire in the remote starter into your Ebrake switch!
if you wire it in that way it would be safe.... it would just have to be grounded to the Ebrake switch for it to be able to remote start.

if you go to a good instal shop and tell em how ya want it wired im sure they could do it! just might charge more of course.......
i sugest a nice lcd paging alarm unit... python, clifford, viper, clarion, hornet.... thiers a few more.... just go with a nice GOOD BRAND NAME when going with a lcd paging alarm system and you should be good!

the hardest thing on your car is bypassing the transponder immobilizer system......
luckely my 99civic didnt have any immobilizer systems!

also be sure your Ebrake can stop your car.LOL ya might have to have them add a new Ebrake switch that wont ground until the Ebrake is fully pulled!

http://www.asianwolf.com/item.jhtml?UCIDs=1068694|1068709&PRID=1407968

Old 11-18-2006, 05:39 PM
HCF Member

Compustar, Astrostart, Ultrastart, ALL make remote starts that are completley safe for manual transmission. Foolproof. Idiot proof even.

Old 11-18-2006, 06:55 PM

on a manual car u needa clutch bypass unit, so you can bypass the cluth so u dont need to press down the cmutch to start your car, and second what u need is to leave it in neuteral, if you are lending your car out MOST installers will put a switch were ever you want so you can turn the remote starter off, that way if a friend borrows your car, and they do leave it in gear, they try to remote start it , it will not work. it is tottaly worth it to get it done to a manual car , i had one in my old civic, hatchback, manual. PRESTIGE car alarm remote starteer pager system!

Old 11-20-2006, 08:20 PM

ADDICTION, I WISH U HAD SUGGESTED THAT YESTERDAY, (or maybe i should check this forum more often) i just got my car back from the shop today. audio express, "HOME HOME HOME OF THE ONE DOLLAR INSTALL," just installed a valet remote system in my car with keyless entry, alarm, and trunk release (yes they had to put in a selenoid) for $250. i really like it but it's only been one day. i should have suggested that they hook the remote starter to the ebrake. i'm gonna ask them if they have ever done that tomorrow. i'll let you guys know. even without the remote starter, my car is definately more pimped out now with that chirp whenever i get in and out. I feel like i'm drivin some luxury car. the remote trunk release is awesome too. if u guys dont have this crap on ur car, i suggest that u get it. so convienient not having to lock and unlock it with a key.
later peeps

[IMG]local://upfiles/15957/D52A8CEB923A4D8EA4745CCBA10A5C6A.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/15957/DA048073468E47AAA30A14F614A55CAE.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-21-2006, 06:55 PM
HCF Member

Nice ebay intake. My very first mod was the same $15 special from ebay and I had to upgrade to injen because it looked so funny and not powerful. However as of yesterday I am back to my stock air box for the winter.

Old 11-21-2006, 07:47 PM
Recognized HCF Member

LOL im all for cheap parts
im more about looks than performance.LOL if i wanted a fast car i woulda bought one.LOL

tho dont expect that chrome to last long.LOL i plan on painting mine black and changing those hoses to standard flat black hoses over their shiny off looken hoses.LOL

Old 11-21-2006, 08:45 PM
HCF Member

Ive got the Compustar 900 series with 1/2 mile range installed on my 2004 civic 5spd. The way the remote start is installed there is no way you can start it in gear. You have to go through a process to leave the car which guarentees its not in gear. The system and many others by DEI alarm company are made for manuals now and have been for a while

Dave