Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Can you put a Nintendo 64 in a Civic?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 12:53 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Can you put a Nintendo 64 in a Civic?

If you're computer science you will have ZERO trouble finding a job... except at Intel corp.!
not true. not true at all. computer science is becoming so popular that competition for jobs in the business has skyrocketted. in addition, almost the entire india population is computer oriented so a lot of jobs will be outsourced to there and other parts of asia. intel is extremely hard to get into but even small companies will be difficult to get into, unless you're a grad from MIT or you have some special connection with some person high in the company.

just my 2 cent

Old 11-08-2006, 08:48 AM

get an in dash dvd you can get a good one on crutchfield for like 500 by dual. then get your N64 system and plug the a/v cables into the back on the deck and get the power cord and strip the end and connect it to the positive of the battery. then your all set. just make sure the n64 is off or itll drain your battery..just like lights.

Old 11-08-2006, 12:19 PM

i've got less than $500 in my screen/ps2 in my truck. i bought a seperate 5.5" screen with a power inverter off some guy i know for $125, plus the price of the PS2 ($300 back when they first came out). i have an abundant supply of various lengths of power/ground wire of various gauges from the years of doing and redoing stereo's in my rides. i had a set of home rca's with the video line. i already had the distribution block run back to my amp behind the seat so it was a really easy install for me. oh yeah, i've got $0, yes zero, invested in a relay....when you spend so much at audio stores they give you stuff from time to time lol.

i put a piece of 8 gauge wire running from the distribution block to the power inverter, and i ran a piece of 12 or 14 gauge to the relay. ran a ground from the relay to a point and from the inverter to a point. finished wiring the relay up with some wire i had in my bag. ran a piece of 8 gauge from the battery w/distribution block to under the dash for a good power source cause i also hardwired my radar detector while i was under there. then i ran a power wire from my tv to the block, grounded my ground wire. ran my rca's from my ps2 to under the dash, took the video line to the tv, and my L/R lines to my headunit (it has aux. input. kept me from having to use a crappy sounding fm modulator). plugged my ps2 up to the inverter. threw a fuse in the distribution block in the back and called it a day. it took me a couple days to get my tv mounted actually. i bought a glove box lid from a junk yard and i fiberglassed the tv into my glove box lid. i had to repaint it a couple times till i found a paint that matched the interior the best. it started out looking really good, but it needs to be redone. it's got about 4 years of wear, tear, and abuse on it right now. got tons of compliments and even more "wow, you did that yourself?" comments

Old 11-08-2006, 04:36 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: TheMoogly

Keeping everythnig in the trunk keeps it safe, but inconveniencing (correct word to use?) if you want to switch games alot.

Gakkou de ganbaranba ne!
Inconvenient.... LOL just messin , what job do you have???

EDIT: I am really asking what job you have you like so much, i am not being sarcastic lol. I put that in there and upon rereading it i thought otherwise didnt want to make anyone mad.

Old 11-08-2006, 05:20 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: 01silverbullet

ORIGINAL: TheMoogly

Keeping everythnig in the trunk keeps it safe, but inconveniencing (correct word to use?) if you want to switch games alot.

Gakkou de ganbaranba ne!
Inconvenient.... LOL just messin , what job do you have???

EDIT: I am really asking what job you have you like so much, i am not being sarcastic lol. I put that in there and upon rereading it i thought otherwise didnt want to make anyone mad.

I am a PR rep for a rather small but growing japanese biomedical corporation... basically I work as mouthpiece for the company while they begin to test markets in the north western united states. I also own a side company that serves as a translation/grammatical correction agency for marketing businesses in Japan... WE FIX THE TERRIBLE SPELLING YOU SEE ON JAPANESE BILLBOARDS! I dream to take a contract with a company like Matsu****a/Panasonic or Sony, but they have their own internal corrections departments... Plus my english is not absolutely perfect (if you talked to me you'd think I was maybe making fun or something because I am white and very big... but with a VERY VERY SLIGHT japanese accent)

I really dont do much everyday... because I live in the states (so my wife can be with family here) my actual work day begins at 6 pm PST - that is the beginning of a typical business day in japan!