Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

car alarm ive been thinking about

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 10:16 PM

It does NOT say that you cannot have a blue light on a vehicle in operation, it says "A blue light may not be illuminated upon a motor vehicle, except..."

that means that the whole being in operation part only applies to the exception, not the prohibition.

you cannot have a blue light on a motor vehicle, moving or parked, unless you are authorized. period.

i'm guessing that tiny alarm LED lights (the ones that come with alarms) don't count...

Last edited by trustdestruction; 03-02-2009 at 03:07 PM.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:28 PM
HCF Member

Just do what I suggested to the girl who had her car broken into. I just put a blue led alarm light in and got me a break bar with a flashing red light on it so at night when my car is parked it flashes red a blue. That way inside the car it is flashing and not emitting on the road. plus little led lights like mine are not powerful enough to escape the perimeter of my vehicle. and it looks cool as hell. and forget about going over board, lol all your post on stuff that involve customization are so overboard. Just do the simple things and you'll come out on top. Not everything has to be so dramatic.

Old 03-02-2009, 03:04 PM
HCF Member

up here in canada you just cannot drive with flashing lights, of most colors, an certain other colors. on public roads. on private property its all good. so if it went off and you were parked on the street you would probably get some police attention. probably no ticket but, depending on the cops mood.at least in canada i would think that.

my bro got pulled over for those windshield washer blue lights. cop asks him if his car is a snow removal vehicle lol.

i installed a strobe light on my first truck, one i made in high school. got pulled over for running it the first night. cops just told me not to use it on the highway. lol good times.