Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Electrical Gone Crazy!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 11:17 PM
Default Electrical Gone Crazy!

My 2001 civic's electrical's gone crazy! first my stock stereo started smoking-so I took out the stereo permenantly, and now my window electrical box is smoking too! There is no Mods or anything done to this car yet-atleast not any that I know of. Any one have an idea of how much it will cost me to fix this? or does anyone know whats going on with this car? Any advice would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Tsis.

Old 05-03-2007, 12:37 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Electrical Gone Crazy!

sounds like you have a shorted wire somewhere. does the radio work on a bench. you need to start elemanating componets. check for contuity to ground on any su****ious wires. fuses usally blow if you have a short but iv'e seen some pretty strange things happen in cars. i wish i could be more help to you .
also check the door boot and make sure nothing fishy is going on there.

Old 05-03-2007, 01:29 AM
HCF Member

yeah thats sounds pretty freaky. Are you the origional owner? Has anything been done that you might not be sure of, aftermarket keyless, anything that might have tapped the electrical?

If no fuses are popping its probably a bad thing, and should be located asap. You can always get some new wiring here and there, used if nothing else, but try to locate the short before you loose too many.

Old 05-03-2007, 08:44 AM

Hey there, I am not the orginal owner. I bought it with a salvage title from a Honda Dealership about 2 years ago. Everything seem to go good for a while, until my found out about the electrical problem not too long ago. I dont know if the salvage thing has anything to do with it. But it is no longer warranty under Honda. Does any one know how much it would cost for me to have my wires check and so on? Please let me know. Thanks! Any help would be highly appreciated. Tsis