Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Help Dash Lights Not Working...

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 08:37 PM
Default Help Dash Lights Not Working...

I hooked up a system and a cd player to my car.... and when it was done everything was good untill i went to leave and the dash lights didnt come on.. Someone told me it was that i hooked up the dimmer and o unhook it so i did... checked all the fuses....all good... there is power going to where the dash bulb is but no light....is this just a busted light or something else Please Help Thanxx

Old 07-25-2006, 09:15 PM
Administrator
Default RE: Help Dash Lights Not Working...

triple check your connections, then check out the fuse box

Old 07-25-2006, 09:22 PM

i checked everything i could get to...just the dash lights are out everything else works....wut fuse is for the dash lights... only wiring we did id cd player ad that was just matchin up colors...dimmer isnt connected but dash still has no lights...intruments lights just do the drive, park, nuetral,reverse lights i dunno wut the dash ones are... even when i disconnected the cd player they didnt work???? wut should i look for wuts my best bet??? if power is gettin to it could havin the dimmer connected before pop the dash bulb???im so confused would u think some kind of wire got pulled out i dunno how??? HELP lol thanx

Old 07-26-2006, 03:33 PM
HCF Member

probably blew a fuse they tell you on the back panel of your fuse box by your left knee on the drivers side there are replacments as well ive done this before

Old 07-26-2006, 07:40 PM

ok i checked alot of fuses under hood and next to knee inside... all the ones i checked looked good....I dont think the interior work either just the dash and thinkgs that light up like the door lock lights, climate control little ones like that.....what fuse are they?????? Wha can this problem be i checked the fuses i could find and checked connections on the cd player it must be a fuse but where??????? Thanx

Old 07-26-2006, 10:15 PM
HCF Member

check the one under the hood labeled interior light or interior dome somthing like that

Old 07-26-2006, 10:18 PM

ok yea thats wut im lookin for??? where is that fuse though its not in the fuse box i see under the hood called "battery fuses" i think where is the interior fuse???

Old 07-27-2006, 12:23 AM
HCF Member

on the top of the fuse box it should tell you all the fuses look for the one that say dome interior or dome light but first go with the fuse by your left knee drivers side that says instrument lights check if the fuse metal is cut

Old 07-27-2006, 08:27 AM

Heh, I started my car last night and I noticed that the Fuel gauge/Engine temp area of my dash was really dim. The orange backlights were working, but the needles were dark. I was a bit pissed at the time as they'll be a bitch to fix, but after about 20secs of driving, I went over a bump in the road and they lit up again! Must be a dodgy connection somewhere....

Old 08-07-2006, 11:53 AM

Are you using the stock wiring harness? There's a wire for the backlight illumination that's connected to your dash lights behind the Head unit. If this wire is bare and gets grounded, your lights will go out.