Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Need help from a pro

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 12:45 PM
HCF Member
Default Need help from a pro

ok i am puttin in a pioneer DEH-P8000R HU and i don't know wehre to start.. i have to start from scratch.. i have absolutley noo wires in my car.. i ripped out the old factory tape deck and the 1 factory speaker so i have to start from scratch.. powering the deck and wireing all new speakers.. i don't know where to put like my power wires and stuff from tho.. i don't konw where to start? and if i go to the fuse box how do i put it all together? any help would be greatly appreciated.. and if anybody knows anything baout this deck please let me know how to use the sub control and whta hte buttons doo.. thanks in advance

Name:  dehp8000r_main.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  20.0 KB

i really really need to figure out how to use the sub control on it.. and i have a good feeling that the button on the very bottom right corner of the deck is he one i need to use it and that button doesn't work [:@]
so any help would be aweseome!

Old 07-24-2007, 01:02 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: Need help from a pro

I would suggest not using any of the car's existing wire system if parts of it have been ripped out. Install a fuse block near the battery and run new power wires to the deck and amps. Run new wires to each speaker. The only connection to the stock electrical system would be the red wire on the deck; that goes to a circuit controlled by the ignition key so the deck turns on and off when you turn the key on and off.

If you want subwoofers you'll need external amplifer(s) to drive them. The inputs to the amplifiers are driven from the RCA plug outputs on the rear of the deck.

The button on the lower right appears to be the one that pops the faceplate off to deter theft of the unit. Sometimes there is a screw that can be driven in to defeat this feature, for example if the unit is on display in a store and they obviously don't want someone taking the faceplate. Or it's possible that that part broke and the faceplate has been permanently attached by a previous owner.

You can probably download a PDF of the owner's manual from Pioneer's website.

Old 07-24-2007, 01:31 PM
HCF Member

ok thanks, i know like the process after the dekcs in stalled i just don't konw like where would ig et a fuse block? or would i just use the origonal fuse box that is in my car?

Old 07-24-2007, 01:34 PM

as for the acc on iwould tap onto the acc wire on the ign harness, that way u are starting clean and clear

Old 07-24-2007, 01:46 PM
HCF Member

do you think it would take long to find all these wires? i have installed decks before but never started from scratch with no wires [&:]

BUT i did figure out that the button on the bottom right of the deck IS for like sub control, fade, effect, all that good stuff so im pretty pumped.. the bad thing is i had to peel the rubber button off so now it looks kinda ****ty, but i had to cuase the button was broken inside so now i gotta use like a pin to scan through those features.. but it shouldn't be to big of a deal if i just set my subs to what i want them to be at and then leave it

Old 07-24-2007, 03:04 PM

nah shouldnt be hard, ur rockin that old malibu right? if you follow the wires that come off the key cylinder just test them, on an oldie like that there is just gonna be a 12v constant (which is a good place to get your constant if running a wire to the battery is out of the question) acc( it shoulld only read 12v when the car is in the on position), starter (obvious), and an ign wire (live when the key is in the on and start postions) as cars got newer the are more wires but all the same concept

Old 07-24-2007, 03:08 PM
HCF Member

ok thanks alot man im gonna try givin it a go tomroow im just workin on the mounting spot for it today haha

Old 07-24-2007, 04:57 PM

oh and for fuses, if you plan on having a couple diff electical mods you could buy a fuse panel from waytek wire, google em, if you are just going to put the radio in you can buy little fuse holders that install inline, or you could make your own with two female spade terminals and electic tape (it works in a pinch at work when we are out of actual fuse holders)