Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

neon light placement ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 03:19 AM
Default neon light placement ?

I was thinking about loading up my car with some neon lights and I wasn't really sure where to put them .. I was thinking under the seats for a little light when you drop something .. but I wasn't sure where else to put it .. Also how hard would it be to wire up neon lights on the interior of the car with a little on/off switch with it ? I heard from my friend that its hecka hard to do because you have to take off the whole dashboard ..

Old 01-20-2007, 09:50 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: neon light placement ?

umm from every1's opinion on here it is not very difficult....here is a do it yourself in the DIY section on how to do them under the seats, buts its the same for anywhere else hope it helps
https://www.hondacivicforum.com/m_268485/tm.htm

and if you didnt wanna spend an arm and a leg on the neons and switches
www.oznium.com

some ppl will swear by that site....good luck

Old 01-21-2007, 11:29 PM

okay thanks for the info ..

Old 01-21-2007, 11:51 PM
HCF Member

I bought a blue kit from these guys on ebay, it was an ultra simple install, no transformers or anything to worry about because its LED, not neon.

I think the LED's are probably brighter, and easier to install then the neon kits, personaly. I waited about a week to get it, but installed it in about 10 minutes, 2 under the dash area, and 2 under the rear seats pointing backwards from under the seat. It's a perfect amount of light, and the remote that it comes with is a simple operation, it has some little patterns and stuff you can use also, but i just use the standard light mode.

Most of them use that audio thing thats supposed to flash with your beats, but they all pretty much suck.. This remote has that option but it just flashes on and off, kind of pointless.

I give this kit a 7 out of 10. I am sure you could get a better one, but so far this one is perfectly self contained, and hasn't faulted once.

There is a pic of mine with a crappy camera if you check out my link and follow the pages below.

Old 01-22-2007, 01:07 PM

if you hate your seat belt idiot light like i do, disconnect the connectors under the seats and use the power and ground that's available right there. no need for 10 feet of wire. Under the dash, i just ran the wires to my ignition and found a nearby ground, they work fine... make sure you have a good connection though. if you have a crappy one, it'll blow the resistors on most "bar" style LED's. AND GET LED'S NOT NEONS

Old 01-22-2007, 03:50 PM
HCF Member

i put mine under my dash and i like it there. i wired mine into a fuse from the fuse box and ran all the wires from there to a switch in the center console. you can do it it just takes some time.

Old 01-23-2007, 12:56 AM

hmm alright .. I was thinking about doing LEDs too.. Definitely gonna stick with them and now that I see that its not gonna be a big hard set up, I'll order them and set them up