Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Sub box wont fit!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 11:53 AM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: Sub box wont fit!

nothing personal but such a low post count and trying to solicite work cheap just isnt normal.
i can build boxes myself, but im sure as well not going to do it for the fun of it.... definatly not a custom box! but thats just IMO...

Old 03-29-2008, 06:25 PM
HCF Member

Thanks man, but I think I'm just gonna stick with finding carpet. I already have a box and subs that seems sufficent to me, and I'm just gonna look for carpet for the back and save myself the money of a new box.

Old 03-30-2008, 06:28 PM

u have it easyer then i do i have to mount an 18 inch in my back seat

[IMG]local://upfiles/30169/5B1ACD617F944210BEFCBC17B9AB6A8F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-30-2008, 09:24 PM
HCF Member

Holy 18 inches!

I understand your synicism addiction2bass. I get it, I really do. I simply love building boxes, it's a hobby - especially when I get to design them on the computer and build them by hand. If you don't understand this, find a passion and we'll speak again. Sawdust, table saw noise, glue on the hands - and the wonderful bass that results as a final product, I love it all.

I'm out of friends and family to build boxes for, they all have bass in their trunk. That's the deal. I'm not a wierdo, I'm not out for a quick buck. I'm a sales rep for an optics company, I pull in way more money than a scam artist could touch ripping off 17 year old kids on the hondacivicforum. Quite frankly, you can kiss my a$$, nobody asked you if you wanted a box anyway.

Oh and my low post count? I just got here. My brother is the real civic mod fanatic, he invited me. I now find pleasure in taking time out of my day to help people with their audio questions (read all my other posts). Yes, that's right, I enjoy helping people. If that boggles your mind, it's probably because you're a pessimist. That's no insult, so am I, but damn dude...lighten up.

As for sboarder97km, I'm glad you've got what you need. You probably don't want to mess with the box deal more than is necessary, I respect that. It would have been prudent of you to accept my offer, but I understand your POV all the same.

Best of luck to you.

Oh, and for carpet, what exactly are you trying to accomplish? It's all on ebay... Are you trying to carpet your box or your car?

Old 03-31-2008, 01:27 AM

thanks but that was just rough i need like real #'s and making it so it will actualy fit in my civic maybe you could help me out and draw up something i added you on aim so ill talk to u on there if thats ok

Old 03-31-2008, 01:13 PM
HCF Member

I'm still not sure what you need exactly. Do you want to build your own box now?

Here's how I can help:

Tell me the Brand, and exact model name of your speaker. I'll get the Small-theile parameters (physics variables) for your speaker off of the maker's website - if my computer program doesn't already have it in its database.

I'll use that info to design a box for you. I can tailor the box to the speaker, and also have it compliment the music you listen to. I have a honda civic too, so I know all about making boxes for civics...

My computer program spits out a cut-out blueprint for you to use at the table saw. It has diagrams for each piece of the box, and all of its measurements. We can design any shape you'd like. It can be vented, bandpass, sealed - depending on your taste. If you're a novice, I'd recommend you cut a rectangle box.

Check out this work I did for my brother. He's on the forum:

https://www.hondacivicforum.com/m_56..._1/key_/tm.htm

Old 03-31-2008, 11:03 PM

well heres the site.... http://www.audiopulse.com/products/s...vers/lms-ultra im taking out the hole backseat

Old 04-03-2008, 08:05 PM
HCF Member

Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier, I've been busy.

Looks like you're getting a $2000 subwoofer. Wow. And it looks like it kicks the **** out of MTX's jackhammer. That said, I can process its Small/Theile parameters for you and tell you what kind of volume/venting requirements are suitable for the box.

Now...It's my common belief that factory-recommended box dimensions and venting specifications are not always the best way to go. But for a sub like this, from a company like this, I'd listen to the company.

I'm still going to graph out the response curves for various enclosure options for your sub - just out of sheer curiousity. I'll report my findings to you when I have them.

What are your thoughts?

Old 04-04-2008, 07:01 PM

Well Mr.B, maybe you could help me. I bought a set of two 12" rockford fosgates in a costom box a year and a half ago and installed the in the back of my hatchback. Its been really nice having them but now i need the trunk space and frankly mi can see myself without subs pounding in the back. So ive been trying to find the ambition to make my our sub box to fit these two huge subs in order to keep some trunk space because right now i have 0. Also i dont know anything about sealed slotted exc. the Huge/heavy box i have right now doesnt even fit, its in my trunk sideways. its pathetic i know but i hope you can help.

Old 04-04-2008, 07:23 PM
HCF Member

So you're NOT getting that huge 18 inch sub then?

Ok, tell me the exact model number for your fosgates and I'll design you a space-saving box.