Autocross and Road Course Racing For sanctioned SCCA Solo events, HPDE, track days, and more

what direction to go

Old 04-04-2007, 08:38 PM
HCF Member
Default what direction to go

alright...well with the purches of my e36 325.. im tryin to decide what direction in racing i want to go. i dont have the funding exaclty and the ability to make a full track car.. so its gonna be half track have steet ( lots of performance parts but maybe only a bolt on cage, seats ( no rears ) and harnesses for the interior . id rather not get into the window net, full cage welds, blah blah blah. . if it was you.. what sort of racing direciton would you go. I obviously know the advantages and losses of the e36. i more or less just want to see what everone else is thinkin. thanks.

Old 04-06-2007, 11:13 AM
mxs
HCF Member
Default RE: what direction to go

The best thing for you to do would probably be, get into autocross, pick a class and build to that. It's not road racing but it's a great way to build your skills, you can go every couple of weeks, and it's cheap. Then you can save up and go to a couple HPDE events or open lapping days a year.

Here's a quick guide to classing, sounds like Street Touring or Street Prepared would be along the lines of what you're trying to do. http://www.scca.com/_filelibrary/Fil...categories.pdf

Old 04-06-2007, 05:15 PM
HCF Member

yeah im thinkin that. iv actaully done solo for a few years but havnt for a while.. thats why i wanted to get into club with this new project however i dont think i have the time and i miss solo enough that ill propably do that instead. ill probably do street modified . gotta make as many HPDE events that i can tho.

Old 04-06-2007, 05:23 PM
mxs
HCF Member

ok, I didn't know you did it before.

yeah, if you think you don't have the time/money for club racing, you're probably right. [8D]

Old 04-06-2007, 05:48 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: mxs

ok, I didn't know you did it before.

yeah, if you think you don't have the time/money for club racing, you're probably right. [8D]
Hehe . yeah if i was just in school and not working full time ( even tho my boss used to track an 328 and an m3 ), i still dont know if i want to make a dedicated track car right now. i dont even have my own offical garage right now.. however im moving so im trying to get one.