ECU Tuning & Fuel Management Discuss electronics and related components within.

Apexi,neo help

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 01:11 AM
Default Apexi,neo help

Hey i just installed my Apexi,neo into my car, the v-tec control is all iv really messed with. can someone give me some facts or hints. i want to start tuning and learn more about tuning you know?

i got a 99 civic si
full exaust-dc header-neuspeed catback
aem intake
jackson racing supercharger
venom-ajustable pulls and gears

Old 04-11-2008, 10:24 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Apexi,neo help

Do you have a wideband already?

Old 04-13-2008, 08:59 AM

not sure what the is?

Old 04-13-2008, 02:22 PM
HCF Member

I'm sorry,
did you read anything about this before you just threw it in your car, or did you just throw it in and then hope it would work all on its own?

Old 04-14-2008, 09:53 AM

no im gona do exactly what im doing now, put it in my car and then start playing with it, you come off really bad and if your trying to make me feel dumb you can stop, i didnt ask for you to criticize me! im asking for some help on where i should start, thats what i wrote in my message! dont post back cuz i dont need to waist my time!

Old 04-17-2008, 04:54 AM
HCF Member

Where do you start? First off probably get rid of it. I bought one and I am not too impressed with it. I understand that you want to start tuning, but it is A LOT easier to go and get a ecu chipped and tune it that way. It about cost the same either way.

Old 04-17-2008, 07:11 AM

ORIGINAL: magic_mohawk

Where do you start? First off probably get rid of it. I bought one and I am not too impressed with it. I understand that you want to start tuning, but it is A LOT easier to go and get a ecu chipped and tune it that way. It about cost the same either way.
Agreed. I've got a chipped P28 tuned with Crome, and I also have a Neo for fine tuning. That's all it's really good for. The VTEC controller is basically useless unless you have some major mods. Other than that Vtec is actually set very well in it's factory engagement. I just use the A/F adjustments to adjust for minor temp/density differences on a day to day basis so I don't have to hook up my laptop and all the hardware to retune every day.

If you plan on tuning at all, the first thing you need is a wideband A/F system, such as Innovate LC-1 or AEM Uego. I've got the LC-1 and it's been good to me so far. Without one of these your looking for trouble, KABOOM!!! Then you have to learn what the numbers on the wideband are supposed to be at for certain RPM's and load levels, as well as timing. That my friend will take me forever to try to explain to you. Judging that you don't even know what a wideband is, no offense, but you've go A LONG way to go.

Before you go blowing stuff up, I would do a lot of research on this. I've been researching this stuff every day for the past 2 years, so I wouldn't expect to "get it" right away. It's going to take lots of time and brainpower to learn this stuff. It's different for every car, so there is no end to the knowledge. Learning to use the software is one thing, learning to use the hardware is another, and learning how to make them work together to actually tune is another.

I could go on forever, but before my cloths go out of style, gotta go....goodluck