ECU Tuning & Fuel Management Discuss electronics and related components within.

Heres a good challenge for you thinkers......

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 04:13 PM
HCF Member
Default Heres a good challenge for you thinkers......

So let me get you all up to speed. I have a 2000 EX, the motor died on me at 147000. I bought a j-spec b16a the was massaged in place of the factory motor. Problem here is that its OBD1. Had to change a few sensors, the distributor and custom make the wire harness since it was cut on the new motor. I have a boomslang ecu adapter harness plugging into the factory obd2b harness location.\

Now heres the problem: I live in CT, I need to go through emissions. I am emissions legal but NOT emissions compliant for my vehicle. The OBD1 ecu will not pass hterough emissions, so I decided that hey, since I still have an obd2 plug in the car to plug in my stock ecu (P2P). Now the motor runs beautiful with the new ECU (PR3) and there are no check engine lights. When I plug in the P2P ecu it throws a code( I kinda figured it would) the code is P1337, this is a CPS code, aside form that code the motor runs fine on the P2P ECU. Does any one on here know what pin on the OBD2 harness this wire is OR what kind of signal this is coming from the motor, where is the Crank Position sensor located and how come the motor runs fine on the OBD1 ECU and only throws that code when the P2P ecu is plugged in? Is there a sensor that I could change to alleviate this issue or a wire I can tap minto to feed the ecu what it needs to know in order to get through emissions? This would be a one day fix only so driveability is not the concern here. Feel free to get techy with me, I have a search engine and know how to use it!!!! lol
Thanks in advance.

Old 06-29-2006, 04:31 PM
Default RE: Heres a good challenge for you thinkers......

Sounds like your OBD2b ECU is expecting a different "signal"(read voltage difference) than the OBD1 ECU. You could try to find a pinout of your ECU and go from there, but you'd have to find out what the OBD1 is expecting, what the OBD2b expects and what is actually being sent, then possibly you can manipulate the "signal" to give what the OBD2b ECU expects.

Old 07-01-2006, 09:08 AM
HCF Member

the sensor is in the dizzy

Old 07-07-2006, 10:50 AM
HCF Member

I replaced the distributor with one out of a 00 SI. It is still throwing this code. Come on people I can't be the only one with this kinda issue goin on!!!! I thought we are supposed to be tuners!!!! Help me tune this god forsaken thing into a legal beotch!!! JWSimmons, you say the Crank position sensor is in the distributor right? Well what about on older cars (OBD1) vs OBD2?

Old 07-07-2006, 11:45 AM
HCF Member

that is the crankshaft speed fluctuation sensor, it is getting no signal.

Old 07-07-2006, 01:19 PM
HCF Member

obdo has fewer wires to the dizzy, it would nt work for you period.. you need to use an obd2b dizzy with your obd2b ecu, no other way
sorry took so long, im kinda sporatic sometimes,, email me if you want, its in my pro