Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

90 civic hatchback dx b16a2 swap please help.

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 08:44 PM
Default 90 civic hatchback dx b16a2 swap please help.

Hello all,

I just recently purchased a 90 dx hatch with a b16a2 swap already done to it. I have previously owned two civics, both being d16y8's, so I know a thing or two about civics. It seems as though the swap has been successfully executed, and the previous owner provided receipts for the list of modifications to the car and parts needed to complete the swap. I have read up on some forums and it seems as though they did their homework, not the seller themselves but the brains behind the operation which happened to be the boyfriend. Everything that I have read seems to match the parts that were installed along with it, but I am unsure and skeptical about the wiring. They do have provided a receipt for a Jdm P30 Ecu which appears to be in the car since I actually have what appears to be the old ecu, all scratched up and what not, which was in the trunk. They also have provided the receipt for a wiring sub harness for a 90 civic to b16a2 but the catch is that it too was in the trunk, brand new and packaged, and so I am not sure if this is required or if they have correctly done it another way. I do also find that the intake sensor is there and working, but the sensor connection below that near the injectors is not hooked up since there is no plug for it. There is also another wire that appears to have been cut which is part of a two plugs and I am not sure what this is for and it sits right at the bottom left corner of the motor. Also, at the top right near the power steering there is a fat cable hook up which it too has been cut and is not in use but there is a similar, slight bigger one on the other sideof the bay near the other strut whichseems to be a main connection for something. Lastly, right behind the throttle body and manifold coming out of the body of the car is a smallhose which has been cut of as well and has a black circular entrance to the body. I would really appreciate it if somebody could please take a look and examine these wires and let me know what they are/were and if they are needed in order for the b16a2 to function properly. No codes are being thrown so I have no clue if the car is working properly or not. There is actually a test pipe on the car right now and I did not pass inspection for it so I bought a high-flow cat and I am going to have it welded to it. I read up that this car only requires 1 o2 sensor and it is there on the header so I figured that car might be reading this correctly if wired properly but then again I am not sure since I do not know if the pipe is supposed to set off a code. If it is, then since there is no check engine lightthen it will give me an idea of how well the computer is reading and also let me know that the wiring problems, if any, are not being read. Please look at the pictures for a better idea.

C:\Users\Konrad\Pictures\2008-04-02\001.JPG
C:\Users\Konrad\Pictures\2008-04-02\002.JPG
C:\Users\Konrad\Pictures\2008-04-02\003.JPG
C:\Users\Konrad\Pictures\2008-04-02\004.JPG
C:\Users\Konrad\Pictures\2008-04-02\008.JPG
these may or may not upload. perhaps if you are willing to help i can send you the pictures a different way. it did not work the other way.

thank you,

Konrad