Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Bad noises! Jacka** mechanic!

Old 09-24-2004, 09:45 AM
Default Bad noises! Jacka** mechanic!

My 95 civic recently started to make a few odd noises so I took it to a mechanic. He kinda farted around with it for a few min and told me I needed a new radiator. So I had that replaced. The noise that I've been hearing has steadily gotten worse so I took it back to him and he said that he couldn't find anything(after just looking under the hood for....um about 45 sec). He pretty much told me that if it ain't broke, don't fix it and that I should just turn up the stereo up so I don't hear the noises anymore. I'm almost afraid to drive my car now because I don't know if something's about to go or not. At first the noise sounded like air under extreme pressure leaking out.....but it only lasted for a few seconds when I first took off. Now it sounds like metal scraping metal or something like that. It's hard to describe. It does sound like it's coming from the driver's side though. I know this is a long post but if anybody has any clue as to what this could be please help me out! Thanks!

Old 09-24-2004, 10:50 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Bad noises! Jacka** mechanic!

first of all, check into filing a report against the mechanic. i can guess whats wrong with my car, i pay someone else 60-100 bucks an hour, and they'd better KNOW whats up with it. as for your problem, its really hard to tell without being there. youre not in sacramento area, are you. i'd help out if i could

Old 09-24-2004, 12:52 PM

Thanks anyways sacicons. But I'm all the way in SC! Besides, I was just driving back from my last class of the day and low and behold....that noise metal against metal noise kept happening. I noticed something though. When it was happening if I lightly pressed the brakes the noise changed to a different pitch. But if I pressed on the brakes a little harder it went away. So I think I've figured out where to start looking.

Old 09-24-2004, 01:21 PM
HCF Member

ok, now i can probably help. does it only do it while you are moving? if so, change your brake pads. i recommend getting the really good ones, should be around 50 bucks for the fronts, at autozone. i have them and they hang with all the big name brands at a comparable price, but they have a lifetime warranty.

Old 09-24-2004, 01:41 PM
NTX
HCF Member

He pretty much told me that if it ain't broke, don't fix it and that I should just turn up the stereo up so I don't hear the noises anymore.
are u serious? what kinda clowns you have lookin at your car?