Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Help me diagnose this please :)

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 02:58 PM
HCF Member
Default Help me diagnose this please :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cc0f3YtKEfI

So the car is bogging when I press gas. When I start it from a cold start it takes a few times before it starts. Once it starts it is idle extremely low and it builds the idle back up to normal level. Now I had assumed that the timing may have been off but, it idles fine and I took it for a test drive and it drives fine with no misfire. Only thing though, I noticed that while I'm driving, it would be going fine and then it sputters just like how it does when I revved it in the vid and then she goes back to normal driving. What do you guys think the prob could be. And I know I need to change my muffler too And what do u think is up with the smoke? My oil level is good and my radiator isn't losing any coolant, so why would it be smoking? HELP PLEASE!

When I start it in the morning, I'll record how it sounds for ya'll.

Oh and HAPPY NEW YEAR! May everyone here have a prosperous 2010!

Old 01-03-2010, 10:57 AM
HCF Member

have you switch you fuel occtaine in the past weeks ?

Old 01-03-2010, 02:05 PM
Chubby Chaser

make sure the tps and the map sensor plugs arent crossed or the timing is off a gear, use a timing light and jump the service plug and adj the dizzy.

Old 01-04-2010, 05:05 AM
HCF Member

U guys would not believe this SHE I DOUBLE T! The friggin car was just about out of GAS. ROFLMAO! Most of the cars I have driven, I could usually drive until the needle was on E or past it. I noticed my car was just sitting a hairline above E, so I thought nothing of it. Then something clicked and said "Y don't u put gas in the car u dumb @#$%." So I took my gas container over to the gas station, filled it up, came back home, put the funnel in the tank, poured the gas in, turned on the car, let the fuel pump prime and "VIOLA," she started on the first crank. LOL. I still drove over to my mechanic ot find out if this was the problem, and low and behold, it was! Seeing that I was there, I had him tighten up, my tappets and checked some other wiring. Now, I just have to gas up my A/C and get a new muffler and I'll be complete....I THINK?! LOL. Thanks a mil for the help guys.