Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

i need new wires and plugs

Old 07-04-2006, 10:27 PM
Default i need new wires and plugs

hey i am new to this so bare with me if i ask something stupid. I am not a car genious but i am a fast learner and pretty sharp. i only have cool air intake and skunk2 suspension done to my car with of course aftermarket body work. So as you can see much more to be done. I am all for good looks but i want to put most of my money under the hood. Firts question is what is a good place to start for making more power. I am aware that headers and exhaust are a good start but i don't have the money right now. So can anyone tell me if i was to start with the electrical what are some good things. I was thinking to beef up the wires first and plugs. are the phat wires good? Or is wires not something i should do untill i have the iginition beefed up? Any advice would be helpful

thnx
mirosh

Old 07-05-2006, 01:21 PM
Default RE: i need new wires and plugs

i would have to say iginition would do you more good than wires and plugs, unless yours are totally ****ed up. from what i remember ignition systems are quite expensive.

Old 07-05-2006, 10:54 PM
HCF Member

An ignition system is not going to be worth the cost on a stock engine. Unless your running so many mods that your engine is constantly misfiring, you will not benefit from an upgraded igntion. You can get plugs and wires, but again this will not give you that much power. If you need plugs and wires anyway then upgrading to something better isn't a bad idea. How much money do you have to spend?

Old 07-05-2006, 11:03 PM
Recognized HCF Member

nology makes really good thick/fat wires that look good and perform really well to

Old 07-05-2006, 11:12 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: AgentofDarkness

An ignition system is not going to be worth the cost on a stock engine. Unless your running so many mods that your engine is constantly misfiring, you will not benefit from an upgraded igntion. You can get plugs and wires, but again this will not give you that much power. If you need plugs and wires anyway then upgrading to something better isn't a bad idea. How much money do you have to spend?
im with him, plugs and wires are not going to make a difference..save up and go for the header and exhust

Old 07-06-2006, 09:50 AM
HCF Member

but MILL, dont u have to "tune up" the eng. first then header and exhaust? btw which header and ex are GOOD and cheap? how about eBay shiet?

Old 07-06-2006, 10:11 AM
Recognized HCF Member

no^^^ you just slap the header and exhaust on the car tighten everything down and you are good to drive it were ever you want to go