Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

mini-me swap problem!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 09:23 AM
Default mini-me swap problem!

well, i've had no ends of problems wiht the mini-me swap. i bought a crx si that had a blown head. the guy gave me a new stock head with the car. i put the stock head on and it started up and ran. timing was a little off but it ran. i didn't have it registered so i didn't drive it anywhere. that night, a buddy of mine told me he had a del sol si head and he gave it to me (he owed me some money anyways). so i put it on, had to buy a new intake manifold cuz the stock one i had was cracked, so i got another one. i converted it to obd1 because i had the p28 ecu that came with the head. so i did everything i needed to (diizy, cap, rotor, plugs, wires, injectors, etc...) to do the convertion. had no ends of problems with that. finally i got the mini-me swap up and running, and i noticed it was burning antifreeze like no other. it still runs a bit rough, so somethings gotta be up. i checked all the hoses, and then rechecked them. i re-checked the torque on the head bolt, and valve arms and everything. everything was where it was supposed to be. started it back up, still smokes hard core. it's white smoke so i assumed it was antifreeze. i took the valve cover off, and torqued it down to 90lbs. put everything back together and it still smokes. i assumed there it must be left over in the head or something, so i got it registered and took it on the highway, and watched everyone behind me curse me out because my car was a giant smoke machine. i can't figure out what the hell the problem is. if anyone has any ideas, please let me know. i'm getting ridiculously pissed off with this swap, and i'm half tempted to throw my b16 in before i can build it just so i can have a car to drive.

oh when i did the swap, the block looked fine, and the head looked fine. i couldn't notice and cracks or anything

please, any help would be really appreciated!