Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

motor swap / wont start. help plz

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 02:07 PM
HCF Member
Default motor swap / wont start. help plz

the engine:
completely built d16y8 block with a z6 head sittin on top with a skunk2 stage 1 cam, and fully machined, lots of turbo goodies t3/t04e turbo etc, hondata s300 basemap.

had it installed for over a month now and i can not get the beast to start, first it was the obd2-obd1 harness for distributor, then i was not getting enough spark so i bought a new distributor (old one was REALLY old), bought a nology ignition coil as well.

now i still cant get it to start, it turns over completely normal so my cam degrees arent off, my timings off for sure but ive played with it up and down and i would have found it eventually.

what happens:
when i crank it over everything sounds good, it starts every time! but its really rough (due to timing im sure) and it only stays on for 1 1/2 - 2 seconds. i just ordered a new tps sensor because the i had to grind off the bolts off my old one to remove itand im sure i damaged the sensors internals in the process...

could the tps sensor be causing my car to not stop? oh its getting spark, fuel, no vac leaks i can see, etc... any help????

thanks guys

-didder

Old 07-10-2008, 02:35 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: motor swap / wont start. help plz

It sounds like the timing belt may not be perfectly synchronizing the cam and crank at TDC. Carefully double check your timing belt installation.

Old 07-10-2008, 10:30 PM
HCF Member

oh i think i got it, its either a really easy fix or im doomed lol

im running my stock map sensor right now (havent installed my 2.5bar yet), and my basemap it for a 2.5 bar motorola map sensor... would this cause my entire car to not want to stay going because of insufficient readings from the map causing my car to recieve to little or to much fuel and or just plain making it hit a safetly shut off because the readings are so abnormal?

Old 07-10-2008, 10:44 PM
Recognized HCF Member

Is the CEL ON and throwing a MAP sensor trouble code?

A faulty MAP sensor could cause big problems like the one your having.