Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

postpone v-tec?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 11:31 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: postpone v-tec?

family is great. but you shouldnt lighten the stock one much, if at all. just get it resurfaced so that its smooth and a true surface. once this motors in, with all this done, you shouldnt need to keep it up much. and the flywheel wont matter much unless its a twin plate clutch. then it comes with a special flywheel, but thats overkill, and expensive as hell.

Old 04-19-2005, 02:26 PM
HCF Member

you are a veritable wealth of useful information. thanks for lettin me pick your brain

Old 04-19-2005, 07:54 PM
HCF Member

well i just picked up a clutch, i have yet to check the spline count or any other method of seeing if its correct or not, f.i. said i'd need 90-92 ls integra. but that year did not have those engines, that year was 1.7 or 1.8. but the 95 del sol had the correct engine so i got the clutch for that year, etc. if it fits i'll gety resurfacing done on flywheel and gasket set this weekend. hopefully the postponing is a short one. its hard being reasonable, and doing all this other stuff first. I WANT THAT ENGINE IN!!

Old 04-20-2005, 12:22 AM
HCF Member

sorry. should have elaborated. get the 1.8l 90-93 teg clutch. actually, i think the 1.7l clutch is the same, but thats the one you want.

Old 04-20-2005, 10:03 AM
HCF Member

this morning i separated the engine from the tranny and tried the centering tool, the splines are correct. r u sure i need a different clutch? this clutch says it is ...new generation, premium clutch kit, 8 3/4" acura, honda clutch kit. p/n08-026....tech support hotline 800-528-6743. company logo /name high performance, heavy duty clutch systems. thats all the information i can find on the box. ill await your reply before i switch and screw it all up again,
also i counted the splines, pretty sure there are 24

Old 04-20-2005, 07:33 PM
HCF Member

which clutch did you end up ordering?

Old 04-20-2005, 08:32 PM

yeah, this is pretty much covered, replace as much as possible with engine out of car...clutch, flywheel, t-belt, water pump. it will save you countless hours and headaches down the road. for cheap hp, i would go with p&p, and maybe a ctr intake cam (240.00 shipped off of hmotorsonline.com). alot of people have seen good gains with just the intake cam, and plus that is cheap. good luck with it man, when it comes to the actual swap, im sure i or anyone else on this forum can help with all of the little stupid things that we have done. when i swapped in my b16 into my first hatch, an eg, i had a few extra wiring things to complete, since myne was a cx, but i replaced the water pump, t-belt, clutch, flywheel, plugs, wires, cams, valves, valve springs, retainers, valve cover, pistons, rods and sleeved the block, but i was on the road to boost, and 12 sec e.t.'s

Old 04-21-2005, 01:52 AM
HCF Member

its the clutch for the 95 del sol siR v-tec 1.6.
i separated the trans from the engine, and tried the centering tool. to see if i had the correct spline count and it fit. i dont if that realy means anything or not, just eliminating 1 question.
if you scroll up a little i gave all the info on clutch i could find. 8-3/4" honda-acura clutch kit
(p/n) 08-026.. high performance, heavy duty clutch systems. tech support 800-528-6743 . in my possession... its not the right one ? is it?

Old 04-23-2005, 11:19 AM
HCF Member

whisle..... you did a buttload, brother. im gonna stay na, but bthinking about alot of that stuff anyway. no pistons though, my existing motor has 240k+ and is starting to not sound so good, its a matter of time. and i hate car shopping, for once i want to do a swap wheni want to not have to
ORIGINAL: jdmekb16

yeah, this is pretty much covered, replace as much as possible with engine out of car...clutch, flywheel, t-belt, water pump. it will save you countless hours and headaches down the road. for cheap hp, i would go with p&p, and maybe a ctr intake cam (240.00 shipped off of hmotorsonline.com). alot of people have seen good gains with just the intake cam, and plus that is cheap. good luck with it man, when it comes to the actual swap, im sure i or anyone else on this forum can help with all of the little stupid things that we have done. when i swapped in my b16 into my first hatch, an eg, i had a few extra wiring things to complete, since myne was a cx, but i replaced the water pump, t-belt, clutch, flywheel, plugs, wires, cams, valves, valve springs, retainers, valve cover, pistons, rods and sleeved the block, but i was on the road to boost, and 12 sec e.t.'s

Old 05-08-2005, 02:36 PM
HCF Member

if anybody is still following my soap opera of delays . i've got another one to include. fell asleep driving hit a curb and a railroad tie, narrowly missed a fire hydrant, minor damage, none bodily, but result is new wheels, enkie racing alloy's, 1 tire and alignment 1000.00. bummer is i had a lightwieght flywheel paid for, but i had to take that money from there to pay for wheels, luckily it was the same shop so no biggie, and the flywheel still on order, just have to part with that mucvh cash for a flywheel. i hope i notice the dif or im gonna kick my own ***