Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

quick ? for anyboldy who may know

Old 07-15-2005, 03:03 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 4
Default quick ? for anyboldy who may know

my current project is a y7 to y8 swap. I have a y8 from a 98 auto. I found an intake manifold from a 99 ex manual. On IM there is a vacuum dead center on the top. This vacuum goes to the head where a small ball about 1/2" is inside the head. I pulled the valve cover and it would appear that this vacuum has something to do with the oil lines. What I want to know is... What is this vacuum for, what does it do? Is it a vtec control or something else? Why does a manual car have this vacuum and an auto doesn't?

Anybody with an answer would be great.
Old 07-15-2005, 08:33 AM
Senior Member
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,448
Default RE: quick ? for anyboldy who may know

Anyway you could get some good pics posted?
Related Topics
Thread Starter
Last Post
General Civic Talk
11-18-2006 09:00 AM
Colby Day
Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos
10-01-2006 10:10 PM
New Member Introductions
12-06-2005 08:26 AM
The Lounge
07-18-2005 11:22 PM

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: quick ? for anyboldy who may know

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.