General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

1995 Civic EX Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 07:53 AM
Default 1995 Civic EX Question

First post here.

I have a 1995 EX that I'm selling. I'm the original owner, it has been dealer maintained, never wrecked and generally in great shape with no mechanical issues. I have all service records and there are other factors that make me think it is in much better condition than you would expect of a Civic of this vintage.

I checked online sources for fair market value. I also talked to the dealership where I bought the car and have had it serviced. There's a disconnect between what the online sources regard as FMV and what my dealer and others have told me I should expect to get for the car. My dealer and others suggest I can get 20-30% more than the online sources and I'm here soliciting experiences and opinions from this forum. I have also checked local sources for comparison (Craigslist, etc.), but I haven't found a direct comparable and what I have found is all over the map. I did find one listing for the exact same car, down to color and approx. mileage. Unfortunately the number listed has been changed or disconnected.

I haven't gone into price specifics because I don't know if that violates either written or unwritten forum rules. Is it OK to talk turkey?

Does anyone have some experience that might help me? BTW, I'm not in a hurry to sell the car, right now it is an "extra" in our personal automotive fleet.

Last edited by DougMac; 07-28-2010 at 07:56 AM.