General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

94 Integra TURBO, $6000 worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 05:48 PM
HCF Member

Black One Is ILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!! Probably an SI though... You never know till you ask...

Red One is RUINED because the doors lol

Old 07-08-2009, 12:55 AM

A little bit of misinformation in here about the engines. Not purposely of course, the answers given are half right. It's not a big deal but I must point them out for clarity. I made a detailed post earlier but it got lost because somehow I got logged out and when I clicked submit it was gone. Take 2:

S is the base model. Si is mid-level. VTEC is the top of the line.

S and Si were available 93-97, VTEC was available 94-97.

S has the same engine as the base model Civic of the same year.
This would be D15B7 (93-95 del Sol S) and D16Y7 (96-97 del Sol S)

Si has the same engine as the top trim level Civic of the same year.
This would be D16Z6 (93-95 del Sol Si) and D16Y8 (96-97 del Sol Si)

VTEC has a B16 in all years. The version of B16 changed at the same time as the other engines on the other trim levels.
This would be B16A3 (94-95 del Sol VTEC) and B16A2 (96-97 del Sol VTEC).
These engines are almost identical besides that the B16A3 is OBD1 and the B16A2 is OBD2a.

Notice that the engine lineup of the del Sol changes when the 6th generation Civic comes into being. This is because the del Sol is a Civic and shares a lot of the same parts, especially in the engine bay.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Now for options, here's how it breaks down:

S has:
  • manual mirrors
  • power windows
  • manual locks
  • front sway bar (94-97 only)
  • Automatic and manual transmissions available.

Si has:
  • power mirrors
  • power windows
  • manual locks (power locks for 95-97 Si though)
  • front sway bar
  • rear sway bar (96-97 only)
  • rear disc brakes
  • cruise control.
  • Automatic and manual transmissions available.

VTEC has:
  • power mirrors
  • power windows
  • power locks
  • front and rear sway bars
  • rear disc brakes
  • bigger front brakes
  • ABS (I think there were years that didn't come with it but i'm not sure)
  • cruise control
  • wider tires.
  • Power antennas were also available; i'm not sure if that's standard on the VTEC or if it's a dealer option.
    Manual transmission only.

Mudguards were another accessory but I don't know if they were standard on a trim level at all or were just optional. Same goes for a CD Player and CD changer. Spoiler was optional.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

A few things also changed over the years:
  • 1993 del Sols only have a driver side airbag. 94-97 have passenger and driver airbags.
  • 94-97 glove boxes are shaped different from 93 glove boxes. The 94-97 also has metal hinges instead of plastic like the 93. Most people prefer the 93 glove box and they are interchangeable as long as you also swap the latch striker.
  • 93-95 del Sols have AUX lights. 96-97 do not. The grille also changed. For some odd reason, the 96-97 bumpers are referred to in the sol community as "dolphin fronts".
  • 93-95 del Sol seats have a colored stripe down the middle that matches the factory exterior paint color. 96-97 del Sol seats are a solid pattern; the stripe is still there by the stitching but it remains the same color/pattern as the rest of the seat. The 96-97 seat fabric is more durable.
  • In 1994 the seals along the A-pillar were recalled and redesigned and the new ones came on 95-97 models. However, if you grease the seals regularly like you are suppose to, your seals should be fine even if they are the recalled ones. The redesigned ones are nice to have but not totally necessary. If you ever buy new seals you will automatically be given the redesigned ones since the old design isn't manufactured anymore. The only difference is that the redesigned ones have a rubber piece that catches water to basically guide it to a better place to drain.
  • 93-94 del Sol Si's have manual locks. 95-97 del Sol Si's have power locks.
  • 93-95 del Sols have grey door panel top sections, grey interior door handles, grey interior power lock switch (if applicable), grey speaker cover panels, and a grey center interior panel (directly under rear window). 96-97 del Sols have these in black.
  • 95-97 del Sols have a low fuel light (not sure if this is all trim levels or what)
  • 95-97 del Sols have a remote trunk release next to the gas filler door release.
That's all I can think of for now

---------------------------------------------------------------

There were quite a few accessories available in overseas markets too that weren't here in the USDM. Some were standard, some were options. I am not sure of which are standard and which are options.

JDM:
  • One piece glass headlights
  • Glass AUX Lights
  • No reflectors on front bumper
  • No side reflectors in taillights
  • Lower fog lights
  • front lip
  • side markers in fenders
  • License plate light fillers (fills in the space to left and right of license plate)
  • bumper pole
  • bronze rear glass with no rear defroster (so it's completely clear). This might not be JDM, might be EDM. not sure.

EDM:
  • electronically adjustable (the beam adjusts) headlights via switch in cabin
  • Glass AUX Lights that use an H3 halogen bulb and are used as high beams rather than fog lights
  • heated seats
  • front lip (different from JDM). Also matching side skirts available I believe.

More than one overseas market:
  • Transtop (electric targa top... go to youtube and search for transtop to see it in action)
  • rear fog light
  • FUNCTIONAL (LOL) sun visors. Only USDM has the crappy ones.
  • No cupholders in center console. Only USDM has cupholders. The cupholders suck so the one thing we get that you think would be cool is more like "whoopdefucckingdoo".
This is all I know of off the top of my head.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Was called the Civic del Sol in the USA, and the CRX del Sol overseas. From 95-97 it was known as just the CRX overseas. Actually was available in 1992 overseas.

Last edited by trustdestruction; 08-08-2009 at 08:02 PM.