General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

accident! Got my car back!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 11:18 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: accident! Old people driving.

ORIGINAL: addiction2bass

dam dude you dont think to smart do you??????

think about it... they are older have more medical problems and get hurt alot easier... driving a larger vehicle is the better choice of a car for them! my dad drives his suburban almost all the time.. my moms got enough problems and so does he with his hands and back.
plus larger cars usualy ride smoother as well.

driving a larger car makes more sense... they dont crumple as much as a small car... think about it... how many accidents you seen where a larger vehicle had to be cut out... and look at all the small car wreckswhen if its to bad people have to be cutout ALOT of the time. and when your that old and need medical help... thats an hour or more of time you dont want to be traped in your car or even being stuck in a buring car.
its the smarter choice.

driving a geo.... u kidding me... you seen how small those dam things are? hell my grandmas casket was larger than those things.LOL
That also means that if they were to crash into you or me our cars would be compltely totaled as well, I have almost been hit by a few big cars driven by old people, and its harder to avoid a big car than a small one. But i guess you think you are so smart so no point in arguing really. All I know is that a smaller car is easier to drive than a big one, and it would be EASIER for old people to drive a smaller car compared to a bigger one which requires better attention, you really don't need to be smart to figure that out. As far as the geo goes I was being sarcastic, you could drive a Focus or even a Civic, they are comfortable.

Old 04-13-2008, 11:34 AM
HCF Member

Ahhhh the old folks. I don't drive with my mother, and worry like the dickins when she's gone. I have allways thought, why not have a person of a certain age need to take the driving test evey other, or EVERY year after reaching a certain age. I would think every insurance company in the world would endorce this!

Old 04-13-2008, 11:48 AM
Recognized HCF Member

well none the less. no way i would drive a small car if get older.....
just because your older doesnt mean your a bad driver... hell look at all the stupid young kids that drive there small cars like idiots.
MOST the time the larger vehicle doesnt cause the accident.

another reason why my parents like larger vehicles is the visibility.... you see much beter in a taller vehicle!
i myself feel safer in a larger vehicle i just cannt afford gas to drive it daily.

but what ever. you have your opinion and i have mine....

if i could afford gas id still be driving my fullsize extended cab chevy truck! but 75bucks a week just go to work cost to much on a budget so i sold it and now have a regular cab truck for when i need to haul stuff around.

Old 04-13-2008, 11:59 AM
HCF Member

Yea no doubt big cars are safer, I actually always wanted an SUV but like you said gas is too pricey now days, but i also like how the civic looks and drives too.

Old 04-13-2008, 12:40 PM
HCF Member

I think every accident or near accident I've been in involved a van or large truck/suv. Yes there are stupid kids driving, but not all are that way. When you get old there's not much you can do if you have problems, it will only get worse, not better. So I would say old people with problems driving is worse than young stupid teens/adults driving. Those idiot kids can always learn.

Old 05-13-2008, 05:46 AM
HCF Member

I bought some jdm tail lights. I got tokico hp and megan racing lower control arms on there way to my house. Might be looking at getting some rims soon. My birthday is today so i figured i would buy myself some presents. I also am going to be getting a new bumper.

Name:  P1000810.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  146.0 KBName:  P1000809.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  152.4 KBName:  P1000808.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  224.0 KBName:  P1000807.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  253.9 KBName:  P1000806.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  111.8 KBName:  P1000805.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  278.4 KB

Old 05-13-2008, 06:27 AM
HCF Member

Nice, you get a new paint job too? that paint looks really shiny...

Here's a pic of my car's recent accident, my mom can't drive worth ****

She got hit by a 4runner, that ran away and she didn't think to call the police or take down the liscense number real quick

Old 05-13-2008, 07:23 AM
HCF Member

yes its new paint. I got new wheel wells and no more rust. new bumper and right quarter panel.