General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

TO BUT OR NOT TO BUY HIGH GEARED MEMBERS PLZ TAKE A LOOK

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 11:57 AM
HCF Member
Default TO BUT OR NOT TO BUY HIGH GEARED MEMBERS PLZ TAKE A LOOK

alright theres a guy where i live that has a 91 civic hatch for sale, it has a b16 with skunk2 stage 2cams, gears, & intake manifold.... AEM CIA, DC header w/flowmaswer muffler, coilovers that have dropped tha car really low dont know exactaly how low but... its low lol, it has a carbon fiber hood, msd ignition, coil, & distibuter, it also has hasport billet mounts, aem fuel rail & regulator, 2000 si tranny & avid shift linkage......... it was balanced &dynoed @ a shop in cali & showed 197hp @ tha wheels & 240/230 @ tha flywheel... the gauges are our of a 2000 si & has a custom shift light @ 8500 rpms that comes on as the check engine light...i thought it was kinda cool lol, it has a rev limiter ser @ 9000 rpms & there is something about its take off that i have no idea what it is....... push in tha clutch & go into 1st & floor it & i mean all tha way down.... but it goes to 4500 rpms & does waht a rev limiter does it just stops there....makes 4 1 hell of a take off.... the guys said he was just f"in around 1 day & shifted into 5th & was goin 140 right out of 4th..... the inside isnt all that great but that is an easy fix........now i need opinions people let me know what you think.... i think its a great deal for $4000 but i dont trust my own opinion so let me know what u think plz...........

[/align]

Old 03-29-2008, 03:16 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: TO BUT OR NOT TO BUY HIGH GEARED MEMBERS PLZ TAKE A LOOK

sounds like it was driven pretty hard lets lee some pics

Old 03-29-2008, 03:29 PM
HCF Member

i dont have ne......tha guy is local so i didnt even bother........but ill b honest... it aint pretty it needs paint real bad & tha inside redone 4 tha most part....but that stuff is fairly cheap

[/align]

Old 03-29-2008, 03:32 PM
HCF Member

idk clean title and all that??

Old 03-29-2008, 04:09 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ya sounds like he pushed it pretty hard....

IMO i like to buy a stock car and mod it from there. otherwise you dont know whats in that car....

hell my 94 i bought guy swore up and down the tranny was a EX, then it was a DX rebuilt with EX gears and its not... its a standard DX tranny... and ive had one thing after another on this car that needed fixed....
if i had to do it all over again.... i might have left the car alone and not bought it and just put that money into my 99 for a manual trany swap.

Old 03-29-2008, 04:40 PM
HCF Member

I say talk him down a couple hundred and take it and see if you can clean it up a bit and get prices as for paint job and interior stuff ... if you don't like what it comes out then leave it

Old 03-29-2008, 05:33 PM
HCF Member

yeah i agree talk him down a few hundred.....find out what a paint job and clean up the interior would cost.

Old 03-29-2008, 09:13 PM
HCF Member

well he told me that he had driven it the way he made it to be driven so ya it was ran hard but he let me cruise it for about 30 min or so & the only thing i noticed that was wrong performance wise was the clutch was pretty stiff, but other than that it ran like a champ & the guy has a good reputation for taking care of his stuff, it has 63,xxx on tha motor, really though my biggest thing is im goin crazy not havin a honda since i sold mine & this is a localso ya its just right there...no shipping or goin 6 hours to go pick it up required...............& i hate my bmw

[/align]

Old 03-29-2008, 09:23 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well one reason why i dont like to buy localy is you dont know how many copies of the keys are around.... i prefere to make at least afew hours drive away.
also just incase he has made some enemys that know his car and dont know he sold it.LOL

hell my 94civic people wave at me when im shoping in the area i got the car from... i got no clue who they are.LOL

try not to just settle on a honda because you want one so bad.... not a good idea when buying a vehicle. i know.... wish i didnt settle for my black coupe, and wish my old truck was a newer year so id have the better motor. but its in the past and ive made my best with what i got.