General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

can you drive with runners on

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 06:29 AM
HCF Member
Default can you drive with runners on

last night i got pulled over by a cop that took my info and told me he pulled me over cause i only had my runners on, but it was not even dark, it was only 7 and now it starts to get dark at nine. i was waiting and another cop pulled up that i know, i know most of them we ride honda odysseys together (the dune buggy, not the van), he then came up with the cop i knew and told me i could leave just don't have my runners on, i dont know if the guy i knew told him to let me go or not but what the hell. i do have the halos but they are allowed i thought. i was going to ask him why but i didn't want to stall time cause i have a rejection sticker he didn't notice or overlooked. anyone get pulled over for halos or runners on?

Old 06-12-2008, 07:48 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: can you drive with runners on

I know in my state new hampshire they are illegal (however for bmw's and other cars that come from the factory with them stock are ok [:'(]). I just sold mine a month ago because of this. Not to mention I had a license that was not even 30 days expired, got pulled over and had to go to court and pay a $120 fine[:@]

Old 06-12-2008, 08:03 AM
Administrator

apparently you cannot.

Old 06-12-2008, 09:40 AM

i live in NY and i have them on when it gets a little dark and i have never had a problem. then again its problay only a matter of tome, but i see other cars with theres on as well. i guess it depends on the state and whatnot.

Old 06-13-2008, 04:17 PM
HCF Member

interesting...here in canada Daytime Running lights have been mandatory for a number of years. (vehicles manufactured after a certain date MUST have running lights on at all times) Something I've always wondered is why this only applies to headlights, you'd think if you're gonna be forced to be lit up at all times, why not have headlights AND tail lights on, espcially when its overcast or dawn/dusk times?

Old 06-13-2008, 05:02 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: colby_666

last night i got pulled over by a cop that took my info and told me he pulled me over cause i only had my runners on, but it was not even dark, it was only 7 and now it starts to get dark at nine. i was waiting and another cop pulled up that i know, i know most of them we ride honda odysseys together (the dune buggy, not the van), he then came up with the cop i knew and told me i could leave just don't have my runners on, i dont know if the guy i knew told him to let me go or not but what the hell. i do have the halos but they are allowed i thought. i was going to ask him why but i didn't want to stall time cause i have a rejection sticker he didn't notice or overlooked. anyone get pulled over for halos or runners on?
Umm...Am I the only one wondering why somebody would drive around with running lights on, but no headlights?

Why do people drive around with fogs on when it's clear out? Driving lights when the roads are well-lit? Running lights and driving lights, but no headlights? Cops with running lights, but no headlights?

Are they supposed to be cool or something?

Old 06-13-2008, 05:21 PM
HCF Member

I think religous people do it, and people that think that it will reduce the chance of an accident. Then there are some that just want to show off their lights

Old 06-13-2008, 06:09 PM
HCF Member

^^your right, i was trying to show them off, you got me. i was just hanging out with some friends and they wanted to see what my lights looked like so i just turned my runners on and forgot. and i do use them if it is to the point where i dont need head lights on yet but other people can see me easier and they look cool.

you have never seen pics in magazines where they just have there runners on cause there halos look better? i have seen a handful on pics like that on this forum.

Old 06-13-2008, 08:33 PM
HCF Member

do you mean runners as daylight running lights or runners as the parking lights?