General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

CARBON FIBER Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 02:51 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: CARBON FIBER Help

IMO I dont care if there is a support or not....if you have the money to spend on doors (around 1800 for my car anyway) then you should have already have the car's suspension tight enough...and as far as in a crash....in a civic if its that hard of a hit in the door your *** is toast anyway.....but thats just my opinion.

Old 06-03-2008, 05:20 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: KnightRiderCivic

IMO I dont care if there is a support or not....if you have the money to spend on doors (around 1800 for my car anyway) then you should have already have the car's suspension tight enough...and as far as in a crash....in a civic if its that hard of a hit in the door your *** is toast anyway.....but thats just my opinion.
that's kind of a childish attitude to look at it. the civic's side impact isgood (not excellent)for the 6th generation. the only problem with the side impact test is the interior front pillar is not protectedfrom the driver's body. suspension upgrades are not a safety feature, although a roll cage with side pillar supports is considered a safety feature for race cars, not road cars.

and for the post concerning the cf hood, the reason it doesn't matter, is because most newer high quality cf hoods are just as strong as factory hoods considering the oem units are made of a thin gauged sheet metal with a paper thin skeleton giving the car zero frontalcrash support. so in some cases, a cf unit is a little better depending on the manufacturing process of the hood.

Old 06-03-2008, 06:09 PM
HCF Member

I think this topic has gone a little to far,thanks for all your help and concerns.