General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

confession. (no lie.)

Old 10-01-2006, 01:13 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: confession. (no lie.)

ORIGINAL: kg3

I find I'm a better driver when I drive stick as it tends to keep me from day dreaming.

Same here. Not to mention everytime I go to start the car or stop at a light i try to push in a clutch that isnt there and it ends up being the brake and i stop real fast.

Old 10-01-2006, 04:05 AM
Default RE: confession. (no lie.)

Same here. Not to mention everytime I go to start the car or stop at a light i try to push in a clutch that isnt there and it ends up being the brake and i stop real fast.
Did that the 1st couple weeks. Alarmed my wife the one time I did it with her in the car. But I've adjusted. Keep my left foot planted on the footrest, watch the tach. You can shift if you are paying attention and practice a little. The Sonata has an option (like many other brands) to shift manually by clicking to the right, but it's just swag, no effort really just going up and down, and you don't have to thumb the button on the shifter to keep it down to 3rd gear. But day to day commuting, the automatic is more convenient, and my majority of driving is open highway, so it becomes a non-issue (cruise control, my thumb determines changes in speed).

Just turned over 5,000mi., happy as a clam, not one major issue. Rides noisy but not hard (one becomes very aware of the pavement). Foo Fighters (or the like) compensate when in the mood. Jazz After Hours on NPR is great, too, but some will disagree with me (jazz can be like that, intense at its best, but too mellow if you are not paying attention).