General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

just in an accident

Old 02-13-2010, 05:24 PM

The aftermarket stuff takes away value unfortunately.

That sucks a LOT. Quarter panel damage like that is the worst. That guy just ruined your car. Wish you could seriously sue his ***.

Did YOU have comprehensive insurance? They sometimes cover stuff like loss of use of your vehicle.

Old 02-13-2010, 05:38 PM
Chubby Chaser

indeed the insurance company will claim ur vehicle as totalled, but you have the option to buy it back for cheap, they will give you a check for the value of the car. which should be a pretty good check. i had a 90 civic hatch and i got 1800 for my totalled civic. it had 472,000 miles on it lol, it was one of those cars you gotta fill up the oil then check the gas.

you can buy the car back and part it out and make $$$$ or keep it for parts if you buy another civic.

Old 02-13-2010, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by chrismag

will i get at least 3000 for a new civic?
first off what do you mean by new civic? but you could buy it back if they do total it...its really not that hard of a fix. I had a 93 civic with quarter panel damage
Name:  Mycar.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  10.4 KB
After spending 800 to fix this is what it turned out to.
Name:  mycar7.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  65.9 KB
It wasn't the best of job though so with maybe about 1g more itll be like brand new.

Old 02-13-2010, 08:02 PM

Well i didn't do it myself, i took it to a shop that did it for me...it was the cheapest around here and thats why i did it...but if you looked on the inside it looked like he bondoed the whole quarter panel on...but Maaco or any collision repair shops..im sure Cali has a bunch of them.

Old 02-13-2010, 08:10 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot

sorry to hear about the wreck.. usually bike wrecks dont turn out this great.. but yeah, the insurance company will total it and send you a check for the KBB value.. then you can buy it back off of them for like 600 bux.. so if your cars worth 3000, you spend 600 to buy it back, you have 2400 to get it all fixed.. or you can take the 3000 and buy a new car but you loose out on all the parts and stuff that are on your totaled car, unless you can replace them with stock..

Old 02-13-2010, 08:17 PM
Chubby Chaser

what i was trying to say is, yes they will give you a check for what the kbb on it is worth, now you have the option to buy it back for inbetween 200-600 bucks you can strip it and part it out to make your money plus some back, or keep it for extra parts and buy another civic just like it. if the insurance company claims it as totalled and you buy it back and want to repair it, you have to take it to a shop get it fixed take pics of before fix and after bring a recipt of all repairs and parts bought, and have the company fill out a form to get a salvaged title back, now if you get a salvage title and if you wreck the car again the insurance company will not pay for any damages on the car ever again since they have already paid for the car.

Old 02-14-2010, 06:42 PM
HCF Member

awh man that sucks *** so bad fuggin bad. i know how it is to start to have your car come along good and then it all just get ruined. i had just had my paintjob redone and a bunch of work done to mine and that same day i had bald tires in the rain and slid and hit the back of a taurus. i was screwed cos it was my fault but thankfully not to bad cos i do collision repair so i fix it for basically free by myself. i wish you lived closer that really isn't to bad of a fix i've done them before, it's time consuming yes but not impossible and all i'd do is make you buy and find the parts to fix it cos i know your pain and labor is where shops screw you.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: just in an accident