General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

remote lock does not work

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 11:32 AM
Default remote lock does not work

Hi

I have a Honda Civic 2000 LX,

problems:
Remote lock does not work
Manual lock/unlock on driver seat does not lock/unlock the right passenger door.

Any suggestions on how to deal with this? anything like do-it-yourself kinda thing here?

Regards
Raghu

Old 06-24-2011, 03:10 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by s_raghu77
Hi

I have a Honda Civic 2000 LX,

problems:
Remote lock does not work
Manual lock/unlock on driver seat does not lock/unlock the right passenger door.

Any suggestions on how to deal with this? anything like do-it-yourself kinda thing here?

Regards
Raghu
Check the fuse under the hood, not the one under the steering wheel. Its a yellow one near the condenser fan fuse. Chances are its bad.

About the second problem, are you unlocking with the key or are you using the power lock on the door panel? Only the power lock will unlock the right passenger door, and if the fuse is bad the power locks wont work.

If the fuse is good check the battery in your remote.

Old 06-24-2011, 08:41 PM

Even if I use the power lock on the driver left hand panel the door on the right passenger does not operate. Manually it needs to be locked and unlocked.

Do you mean to say that it is the same fuse which is giving this problem?

Old 06-25-2011, 06:21 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by s_raghu77
Even if I use the power lock on the driver left hand panel the door on the right passenger does not operate. Manually it needs to be locked and unlocked.

Do you mean to say that it is the same fuse which is giving this problem?
If you use the power lock on the door panel, do any doors unlock? If any of the doors unlock then its not the fuse. If you have a bad fuse none of the doors will unlock when you use the power lock switch on the door panel or the remote.

If some or all of the doors unlock/lock when you use the power lock switch on the door panel then your problem is definatly the remote (most likely the remote battery).

If only some doors unlock when you use the power locks (either the remote or door panel switch) then your probably going to have to work harder to get it fixed.