General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

To Sell or To Keep? (2002 Honda Civic)

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 03:32 PM
HCF Member
Default To Sell or To Keep? (2002 Honda Civic)

Alright so I bought a 2002 Civic. At first I thought it was a good car, it had alot of good accessories and cool stuff. But then more problems kept occuring. Now the car is three times as more reliable than when I got it, but some of the accessories that made it worth while do not work. For example, now it passes emmsions, it had 2 broken engine mounts and those are replaced now, I fixed the oil leak, and a few other stuff, the viper alarm system blew the ignition fuse, so I had to remove it. Alot of the accessories were wired from the viper alarm, like the T.V.s in the sunvisors and strobes on the outside that made it look like a cop car, so they no longer work . It still has LED light bars in the interior, custom interior, kenword touchscreen radio, sub, amp, and 2 speakers. Custom paint and rims and all that good stuff, short ram intake, megan racing exhaust and headers. The heart and soul of the car are good (engine, drivetrain, chasis), but the rest that isn't perfect. All the electronics and wiring might not be exactly right. So I have the decision to make. I have already accepted the fact that there is no way in hell I will get 8.5k for it. So should I sell and just try and get what I can for it, or should I just cut my losses, try and fix the electrical bugs, and just fix it up into a decent car? I wouldn't be so reluctant to make it a project car had I not bought it at such a high price. What do you think?

P.S. Its nothing special under the hood, just a D17a2...

Old 03-08-2012, 05:42 PM
HCF Member

electrical issues are not fun... and i wont even ask how much you paid...

if I were you I would lose stuff like the strobes, but maybe you like them... either way I would strip the car and reinstall everything the right way and lose the crap I dont want in my car...

A lot of work, a great learning experience, pretty cheap...

I just did a lot of interior customization on my car (97 DX) and it was a lot more work than I expected, but I made sure everything is wired perfect and tucked pretty damn well. I am happy I did it all myself, i learned a lot about my car and bonded with her, hahahaha but seriously, it is great fun and something to do...