General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Is it time to let my 95 Civic go?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 07:00 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by MBrent
my salvage title 97 lx has like 2xx,xxx on it. i abuse the beejesus out of it but havent changed the oil in likke 15,000 now that i think about it... ****.
IMO, that's showing you she can last

Old 10-29-2009, 09:17 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by MBrent
my salvage title 97 lx has like 2xx,xxx on it. i abuse the beejesus out of it every day. trans shifts all crazy, ac is iffy, but doesnt burn any oil. havent changed the oil in likke 15,000 now that i think about it... ****.
I didn't change my oil ONCE in the two years she had the Dseries in her. Then again, it burned enough oil that I didn't need to. lmfao. I miss my hatch!!!

Old 10-29-2009, 09:27 PM
HCF Member

get that pocket change.! come on ef's aint too pricey.!

Old 10-29-2009, 09:47 PM
Chubby Chaser

i say beat the hell outta it blow it up, pull the engine out and swap a nice one in, then call it a day, and drink a cold one.

Old 10-29-2009, 09:50 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by 94civichatchback
and drink a cold one.
cheers to end that one

Old 10-29-2009, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by chrismag
yea.. idk dude.. just make sure it isnt burning to much oil. i had a 1990 integra. and the oil light came on. and i checked it. it as fine. two days later on the free way the engine blew.....mine in my ***... it had 207,000 miles on it. it needed cv boots. the ac didnt work. the clutch was going.. same thing you are ruinning into.. if you want to fix it all and rebuild the engine and ****.. you are going to spend a couple thousan. might as well save up 4000 and buy a 1998 civic like me!!!!! and sell your old.. you see these guys they say its just broken in.. and its fine. there are plenty of people on craigslist who would buy your ciivc if its clean.. put it up there see whaT happens.. but good luck, i wouldnt want some one else to end up on the free way with a blown engine
If you knew what you were doing it wouldn't have blown. Oil light indicates low oil pressure. If your oil level was fine, you should have looked elsewhere. It was probably your oil pump or related.

Old 10-30-2009, 12:34 AM
Sir Banned-a-lot

that sucks, i prolly woulda done the same thing tho cause im a noob... ask trust, i put sugar in my tank to clean it XD

powdered only tho cause it mixxes better with the gas

Old 10-30-2009, 03:26 AM
HCF Member

Maybe I used the wrong term re: buring oil..... But when I change the sparkplugs the 2nd from the left has oil in the hole. We changed the gasket twice and still the same thing.

I don't know much about cars... just the basics. I do check the oil to make sure its not low. And it does get changed every 3 months. When something breaks I try to get it fixed asap. But when several things start breaking down at once is it worth it for someone like me who doesn't do the work myself....to keep fixing it.

Thanks again for all the advice. I'll keep it atleast into next year and see what happens.

Old 10-30-2009, 04:36 PM
Chubby Chaser

have you changed the spark plug oil seals in the valve cover, that would let oil in the spark plug hole, its a very cheap and quick fix.

Quick Reply: Is it time to let my 95 Civic go?