General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Tips & Tricks

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 07:30 PM
Default RE: Tips and Tricks

how much weight would be lost if i did:
racing front seats
remove heat shields
remove skid plates
remove trunk carpet
aluminum short ram intake
low pro wheels and tires
got rid of the catalytic converter
removed airbags
replaced stock steering wheel with a sport one
CF hood and hood pins
removed all power window options and put the hand cranks in replace of that
please let me know it will be greatly appreciated thanks

Old 10-24-2007, 01:33 AM
HCF Member

When installing Amps, before putting the power cable to the battery always disconnected the inline fuse first. Had a bad experience where i wired in the earth in my boot first, then the power cable (without removing the fuse) ran the power cable into the back near the earth cable... Ill leave you to guess the rest! Also, dont drop your wrench across the two battery terminals when un-doing the nut on the terminal, when the wrench hits the other terminal (like it did for me) it has a habit of creating a rather large spark, and also a rather large terminal shaped hole in your wrench.

Old 12-09-2007, 04:56 PM
Super Cereal Admin

In a 5th gen. coupe:

The passenger seat weighs 33lbs. The rear seat's bench weighs 8.5lbs, and the rear seat's backrest weighs 21lbs. Pull all the seats (except for the driver's, of course) and you've just lost 62.5lbs off the chassis.

Old 12-12-2007, 01:25 PM
HCF Member

With a D16Y7 and stock intake, you can remove the gigantic silencer box and cap off the holes in the beginning of the tube that connects it to the resonator box. i have yet to do this to my car but did it to my 98 GMC and got a more aggresive sound and a little more throttle response and a definite eagernessfor the engine to rev.

Old 12-21-2007, 10:47 AM
HCF Member

You don't have an intake, but you have an exhaust ?

Old 01-24-2008, 07:30 AM

Off topic...But does anyone know where I can get the right Cold Air Intake (I want a quality one but for the cheapest price possible) for my 2006 Civic EX 1.8 L?

If so, please send me a link for it, thanks!

Old 01-25-2008, 08:43 AM

and also, I live in canada and its no secret it gets freeze your ***** off cold up here. Would i be able to run a cold air intake in the winter months (it gets as cold as -40+degrees celcius), or would I have to swap it out for the winter?

Old 02-06-2008, 04:20 PM

loosing weight is great... if you are removing your seats, you might as well, like mentioned several times prior, rid the car of all sounds deadening materal. who ever said its not worth the time, it only took me about 4hours maybe... that includes taking seats,paneling, and carpet out, and while your at it... might as well leave the carpet and the rear interior paneling out. carpet is probably a good 15+ pounds(especially if its got mildew or mold or some junk on it)

its not much but remove the foam from inside the front and rear bumpers(just hpoe you dont get hit)

use tape to hold certain parts in or on rather that bolts(this again, is not much, but it can add up)

all this and my car is still rather comfortable up front, it just sounds like the windows are open all the time

Old 02-06-2008, 04:23 PM

oh yea...for all you geniuss out there, dont do something stupid and try to tape your driver seat down

Old 02-28-2008, 12:13 PM

duno if this one has been said didnt read all the posts,and some or all who race the 1/4 mile may already do this but empty ur screen wash out or dont fill it right up ,easily lose a few lbs from this im sure

Quick Reply: Tips & Tricks