General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Turbo A/T

Old 10-29-2007, 11:07 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Turbo A/T

ORIGINAL: koots

I've seen more manual civics with transmission problems than auto's. it could be contributed to idiots racing around and ruining the clutch and and wearing the teeth down, but i'm just going by what i've seen as a mechanic. The manual tranny is a strong unit but it's not bulletproof and needs to be taken care of as well. you go with anything more than 8-9lbs. of boost and you're gonna start finding weak links. You guys have got to stop being so damn negative, just cuz you wouldn't do it doesn't mean it can't be done.

A forced induction civic would be better with a M/T and thats a known fact, but don't flame a guy for trying. i suppose if thats the wayit is i should tell you to swap out your motor for a B-series cuz the D-series is weak, but i don't want to cuz i like the D-series. It's bad enough there are people bad-mouthing civic's, lets not start turning on each other.
nobody is turning agaisnt civics. We are all just saying that its a lot harder and more expensive to keep the auto.

Old 10-29-2007, 01:19 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Turbo A/T

sorry dude, i just get overly sensitive sometimes : ) i am also a full time member on full size chevy truck forum and i recieve some flaming for having my civic in my sig along with my truck. so i get a little defensive. same happens here as well, with me having a truck, but for the most part everyone is pretty cool and just enjoy vehicles, not blind brand loyalty.