General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

What to do with $5000?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 05:09 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by Cyphen
boo for the slow 16, haha i have a mid-built b16 cost me a pretty penny, full super-tech valve train. misc goodies in the head and a very mild port with a AEBS Intake mani port to match head D/C headers AEM intake, Apex-i WS2 exhaust and i destroy like 07-08 S2K's 05 cobalt ss, 08-09 Si's. EVEN a H22a4 EJ1 with cams! put hands on his face. with I/H/E/Cams but this post is not about what i beat its about whats cheaper and make you the most power to your benefit. but for stock slow 16's lol in my moms car with my gf, 2 best friends, and my mom! leave them by train lengths not even on the pedal at 05 Altima 2.5! lol. single slammer ftw! if i could do it all over again, i would have a d16 turbo already for the money iv spent in my b16... making WAY over the HP I'm making in my B16a but then again... whats done is done right!?

How do i know d16z6 rock?
A: my friend at J&C Import care care here in California, has a electro green pearl Ej2 with a d16z6 in it a greddy turbo kit and a exedy stage 1 clutch on i forgot what exhaust, on stock internals and he running LITTLE TO NO BOOST 9-10 pounds. and he puts down 250 at the wheels. on a very conservative street tune. There is not one person on this forum who could convince me otherwise that the d16z6 motor was not the most solid build D-series motor every built by Honda.

I'm not putting anymore money into my car, leaving it the way it is and getting my 03-04 cobra and throwing 5 grand at it. for a KB. I'm done playing with imports, for 5g's i throw at my cobra i could be making 600+ RWHP.in a 03-04 cobra vs 20 grand(SARCASM) but a ****load more for a Honda making 600 WHP with dreams for traction.

i still love my Honda though but if i could do it all over again id DEFINITELY DO D16z6 those motors got so much potential! with a D16z6 and a good turbo kit, you could make a decent amount of horsepower. 250+ WHP ON VERY VERY CONSERVATIVE TUNE for cheap! vs.... Slow 16, and 2-3k in valve train, 400 for exhaust(NON-Pisa BITCHES), and headers(REPUTABLE PAIR)<--- 500+, and a nice intake 300+ the motor witch is like 1300-1500 bux! and be BROKE!

d16z6 is like $500.00 bux, a nice home made turbo kit or a name brand. like 1200-1500 bux, and headstuds and head gasket maximum 200 bux! and have money in jo pocket and not a slow 16. likE $2,200 bux! $3,000 max!

Old 01-21-2010, 08:02 AM
HCF Member

my ADD must have meshed perfectly with what he said cuz i got it perfectly clear lol

Old 01-21-2010, 09:57 AM
HCF Member

Its not even a rant dude, the d16y8 was a good motor but the d16z6 is the best D, for the money i was just simply stating if i could do it all over again i would have gone with the d16z6 and turboed it for the money iv payed for by mid-build b16.

and i was saying that I'm getting out of the import game. moving-on with a 03-04 cobra.

and every part of that post was broken down, but apparently people love to flame around here, cause they don't want to read a digest a post, i have seen worse around here in my years. i tried to sort it out as best as possible but still got flamed. w/e no sweat.

Last edited by Cyphen; 01-21-2010 at 10:02 AM.
Old 01-21-2010, 10:05 AM
HCF Member

ut o's sombudy gotz their feelin's hurt

Old 01-21-2010, 10:52 AM
HCF Member

Old 01-21-2010, 02:19 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Originally Posted by Cyphen
and every part of that post was broken down, but apparently people love to flame around here, cause they don't want to read a digest a post, i have seen worse around here in my years. i tried to sort it out as best as possible but still got flamed. w/e no sweat.
Dude, did you even read your original post? It lacked any sense of basic sentence structure, the spelling was terrible, and your grammar was generally bad. You've seen worse, but I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the offending posts were made by a new member or a member that didn't stay for long. Oh, and I'm sure their grammatical errors were also pointed out. And flaming? Really? That was a few posts making light of your post; trust me, if we really wanted to flame you, you'd have already decided to leave this forum and consequently wouldn't be reading this.

I'm sorry, but if I see a post that's hard to understand due to its lacking in grammar, I'm less likely to take the advice than if the same post was coherent and easy to read.

Oh, and congratulations on the Termi. Now throw a KB blower on it and sell the Eaton on ebay

Old 01-26-2010, 08:25 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by reaper2022
Dude, did you even read your original post? It lacked any sense of basic sentence structure, the spelling was terrible, and your grammar was generally bad. You've seen worse, but I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the offending posts were made by a new member or a member that didn't stay for long. Oh, and I'm sure their grammatical errors were also pointed out. And flaming? Really? That was a few posts making light of your post; trust me, if we really wanted to flame you, you'd have already decided to leave this forum and consequently wouldn't be reading this.

I'm sorry, but if I see a post that's hard to understand due to its lacking in grammar, I'm less likely to take the advice than if the same post was coherent and easy to read.

Oh, and congratulations on the Termi. Now throw a KB blower on it and sell the Eaton on ebay

That's definitely the plan! =-D i cannot wait. I am so close to the KB its not even funny, its going to cost me like 3.5k for the mammoth in stained flat black. my buddy has a buddy who works at KB in the tech shop supposedly and he going to sell my the blower for cheap. with a upgraded snout. so its going to definitely awesome! i just cannot believe how cheap termi's are out here. its unbelievable! 15k for 10k miles. and immaculate paint and interior! not really what i wanted i wanted a 10th anniversary but those are hard to come by haha.